Death Star Turret part map and parts run

Strange!
Seems/looks like the parts were moved to another side, can't figure out why they would do that :-/

L

Went ahead and put the parts list on the maps. So you won't have to flip back and forth. If anyone has a use for these maps, you might want to save them to your hard drive. I have gigabytes of maps saved. You never know when Al Gore will decide to take back the internet he invented, LOL. We have many threads missing pictures because of bad links. Pictures go AWOL all the time. That's why when I see something good, I snag it right then. As long as my hard drives and backups don't crash, I'll be good, ;) Knocks on wooden head,

Cheers,

Joe

Here are some of the other, more ad hoc pics that have numbers from the list. Some are duplicates so there is some legwork to sort thru it all of course. 3962278328_bd5f1aa647_o.jpg3962255112_342de17bdd_o.jpg3962222718_121f55f0e2_o.jpg3961472717_d048629491_o.jpg3962221708_b91f43c4e5_o.jpg3962209102_d088f00106_o.jpg

I’m about halfway done with my build. I’m using as much styrene as I can so I’m looking to track down some of the parts that are not mapped, ID’d or publically known. Trying to finish up the guns now.
IMG_1854.JPGIMG_1852.JPG
On the outside of both guns is a part from the 1/12 Tamiya Honda F1. It’s a single part cut in half. You can actually read “Honda” on one side. The parts included in the cast set are arguably better as they are both unbranded -- so you don’t have to try and hide the name with a smear of gunk. But I figured I would use the original part. Plus Honda returned to F1 in 2015, a sport I became a huge fan of specifically because of the Tamiya F1 kits I have been using for SS builds these last few years. And since Honda/Mclaren were about as effective racing this year as turbo lasers were at shooting down X-wings in ANH, it seemed doubly appropriate (I know, I know, they have had very successful years in the past).
Honda part copy.jpg
airfix part copy.jpg

There is a part trimmed down from the Airfix 1/24 ME 109.
There are some Sealab parts. Of course. Gotta mostly use casts for those.
There is a part from the 1/72 Airfix Sam-2.
There is a part from the 1/25 Tamiya Centurion (C) Under the M60 half circle thingy.

So there are still three parts on the guns I’m trying to figure out. Labeled A, B, D
D.jpgB Right Gun Inside.jpg
A may be a clear part originally. Motorcycle, Car?
B is perhaps trimmed from something. Maybe AMT truck? I've gone thru all the AMT kits I can have or can find scans of. No luck. Could be barking up the wrong tree.
I think D is a larger piece of styrene with a small kit part on top to somewhat mimic the look of the Sealab bunk on the opposing gun face. I’ve found many similar parts in Bandai and Tamiya armor, but not a confirmed match yet.

I think these 3 parts were included in the second set of cast parts from Mike as they seem to be on the build photos Jason kindly posted. I didn’t receive those, but it likely means they are known. I realize sometimes finds aren’t/can’t be made public for various reasons. If that’s the case I understand. There are still a couple parts that seem no to have been found, so I'll keep going thru kits regardless.

On the turret:

Map 224 is from 1/35 Tamiya Panther M/N.

1/15 Bandai Panther Tank 4. Provides the unmapped parts under the two trimmed Hummel vents on the side and the back.

Also there is an M60 part in the cast set, but I don’t see it on the original at all. So not sure about it.
IMG_1754.JPG

Wow Phil brilliant! You have always had such a great eye. Hasn't that part tortured us enough on the Galactica?

Another reason to mourn the Sealab kit resurrection not going forward. I think I have an extra cast in my CR parts since I don't dare use my only original. I'm sure its going to be on other builds.

Ok Jeff and all you TL builders out there. I may have stumbled across the Part A that Jeff asked about above. I'm unsure of sizing and just if I'm seeing one end closed on the slot on the right hand side of the part in the picture or not? If not then this could be it?

2016-01-31 14.16.42.jpg 2016-01-31 14.17.47.jpg

If it looks good it's from the 1/25 Revell Custom 57 Chevy Hardtop.
My kit is not a vintage kit so it may be called something else back in the day.

Wow Phil I think that must be it. I have that kit at home, but I'm on the road so can't confirm till Monday, but looks to be it. Damn nice find.

LinsideA.jpginsideb.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back