Death Star Turbolaser

Finished the weathering, for the most part. I tried to match the filming model as close as possible, but in addition to the filming model upper section having a slightly different grey than the lower section, the top section has significantly less weathering. Also, the weathering isn't linear from the top section to the bottom.
The weathering may seem dark, but a quick test shot, show how lighting can reduce or increase the starkness just by placement. The barrels seem a shade too light. Considering making them darker, and slightly weathering them to bring out the detail.

TazMan2000
20191028_182349.jpg
20191028_182228.jpg
20191028_181947.jpg
20191028_181911.jpg
20191028_181432.jpg

GEEZ Taz!! That is AWESOME!! I really like your finish and weathering!! You really nailed the look, and I think your base is an excellent add-on that brings it together very nicely! Great work!
-Sean

Hello, i have discover this page searching in help for my model. I am spanish, sorry for my bad english.
WOW Amazing Work! you've done!. I Love the model!!!
I'm also building a turbolaser diorama, And I know the work it takes to do what you've done!!. I've gone a little crazy and my diorama measures 1.40 meters tall and the base is 1,10 x 1,10 meters XD. More than 8,000 handmade pieces, some duplicates in resin and others of the typical box of remains from other models.

It has cost me a lot to do it, (I've been 3 years now) especially because I don't have many of the pieces of the kits that were used, and I had to make these pieces with the shapes similar to the originals ones, all with plasticard products.

But the problem for me are the cylindrical parts. i don't have a lathe to make them.

I think that the original model used the mig-21 engine for the cannons, the problem is that the Mig 21 model en 1/32 scale that have the engine is sold out at this moment :( (Manufactured by Revell)
where did you get yours?

Thanks you for the help!!

Wulfenray ,
Thank you for all the Likes. When this kit was manufactured many years ago by Wasili, Mike Salzo did a run of 99% of all the Greeblies needed to complete this model. I was one of the fortunate ones that managed to get a set, which included the Mig-21 engines. The tubes that house the Mig-21 engines were made by Wasili. Expertly machined. You could do this yourself, with a drill press, a milling bit, and a slide vise, or you could 3D print them, either yourself or online.

I believe there is someone from Florida selling a Revell F4E and 2x 1/32 Mig-21s on eBay now for a very good price. If you miss it, keep looking. They come up for sale occasionally.

I would love to see your model in progress. You should post your work on this site.

On my model, I made a mistake with the axis on the guns. The guns are mounted eccentric to the axis by about an inch. Mine are right on the axis, which makes them sit lower than they should.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back