Death Star Surface Tiles

Just started a thread in the junkyard that hopefully makes everything a bit clearer!!!!!

Finally finished the eighth 3" tile:
3inchtile8.jpg

minifig

I'm alomst embarrassed to say - but I have not even looked upon the box since I got them. I've been traveling on business for the last 3 weeks and will not be home ofr another 2... Yikes...

the couple I did open were VERY nice.

Jedi Dade

Awesome work, your work blows mine away by comparison. If I was still building I would be super green with envy :)

Greg

Cheers Greg :eek:)

I've started work on the next module now. Its getting much harder as the reference material gets more elusive!!!!!

I've started a thread in the studio scale section, but if anyone here has any photos of the modules I haven't done yet they would be greatfully received!

minifig

someone asked if I could post a picture of one of each of the tiles i've finished so far, all put together so here you are. :O)
deathstartilessofar.jpg

minifig

I love these tiles. I love the attention to detail minifig puts into these. I have one more helmet to get and then I want a set of these. Minifig I'm still looking for more pix , I know they are somewhere on the HD . Problem is I never label each pic so most of them just say......jpeg. Seei g them all like this just makes me want them more.

I really appreciate you looking for me!
Bruce Lieberman (blieber) posted some pictures of some of his full size castings of half of module 4, so I now have some good reference of those pieces (thank you Bruce).
At the moment I'm about half finished on the 6" versions of module 5, most of the basic structure is done, I just have a few more kit parts to try and ID, not my strong point I'm afraid, but I enjoy trying to hunt down the info!!!!
the worst thing is, they're all getting thicker and thicker ,so more and more resin in the castings :O( , so I will probably have to be a bit more specific on the prices of each tile in the future to make it fair.
I'll put up pics of module 5 when its done :O)
but if anyone has any more reference, pleeeeeaaaase share

minifig

That looks incredible displayed like that. I think I want a full set of large ones as well as smaller ones for a fantastic wall display. Mixing the two sizes like that really shows off the incredible detail and hard work you've put into these. :)

I would be more than proud to display these in my SW Museum.

That looks incredible displayed like that. I think I want a full set of large ones as well as smaller ones for a fantastic wall display. Mixing the two sizes like that really shows off the incredible detail and hard work you've put into these. :)

I would be more than proud to display these in my SW Museum.

Thank you very much for the compliment :$

I'm really looking forward to being able to add even more variety as I get more tiles finished.

M

Hello again everyone,

just an update to say that I have finished the next set of four 6" tiles at last!!!!!!

There were only a couple of little compromises on this module, for a start, the original set doesn't seem to consist of four equally sized tiles, but I really wanted the consistancy, so had to tweal a few of the measurement here and there.

I was also banging my head against a brick wall over a couple of kit ID's, due mostly to a lack of good shots of the original pieces so had to do a bit of fudging (with a view to going back to the pattern and changing it if more reference comes to light). But I would rather draw a line under the module (even if its in pencil) and be able to move on to the next set.

I haven't moulded these yet, but will do if the demand for them NOW is high enough!!!!!

here you go:
module 5
bigmodule5.jpg

tile 9
bigtile9.jpg

tile 10
bigtile10.jpg

tile 11
bigtile11.jpg

tile 12
bigtile12.jpg

hope you like them and let me know what you think!!!

Cheers

M

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back