Death dealer helmet requesting...

I was able to get one of these off of eBay a while back for about a grand less than the filmswords price, which was all I was willing to pay.
After recieving it, I can see why they charge $2250. They really put a lot of work into it, and the thing is thick metal, battle ready, and just a really beautiful piece of work.

I think it is just something that looks better as a painting. Although Bowen got spooky close with the statue.

I was just thinking of that helmet today. I never liked that licensed one with the weird open area at the bottom and the oriental flair to the eyes. I have seen garage kits, and even the Frazetta mini statues that were better renditions. Considered scratch building my own in the past. Wouldn't be that complex, and I'm sure it would be easy to get closer than the licensed one.

Working on sculpting one now as a matter of fact, will post pics when further along in a week or so. Going for the look of the Bowen statue when it comes to the face of the helmet since it's what Frazetta himself designed for Bowen to follow. As for the Horns I am trying to get them closer to the paintings than the licensed helmet did. For the Price I thought the FilmSwords Helmet could have been much nicer! I do love the axe they did but the price of it is beyond ridiculous.

Working on sculpting one now as a matter of fact, will post pics when further along in a week or so. Going for the look of the Bowen statue when it comes to the face of the helmet since it's what Frazetta himself designed for Bowen to follow. As for the Horns I am trying to get them closer to the paintings than the licensed helmet did. For the Price I thought the FilmSwords Helmet could have been much nicer! I do love the axe they did but the price of it is beyond ridiculous.

I can't wait to see how this comes out!:love:thumbsup

I'm currently working on a complete Cosplay of the Death Dealer. Here are some pics of some of the pieces. You can see more on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Heavy-Metal-Heroes-1739005056327182/

2014-11-10 08.48.22.jpg2014-11-23 13.01.33.jpg2015-09-13 23.57.38.jpg2015-09-13 23.58.17.jpg2015-11-07 18.58.49.jpg2015-11-15 13.43.38.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back