Deagostini Millennium Falcon with Cloud City Landing Pad

I just noticed the rings around the landing gear in post 113 are upside down. Every other pic ive seen online its the flipped.

On each landing gear, there is what looks like a pie pan with a bunch of holes in it and the main gear strut goes through the middle of the pie pan. In the ILM picture in post 113, the pie pan is right side up (like how you would serve a pie). On every other reference picture Ive seen, the pie pans are facing down.

I don't think so, they look like they are facing down to me. The slope of the sides shows that they are getting wider towards the lower edge

I thought it might be fun to do an overhead comparison between the Deagostini and Master Replicas Falcon's.
3X1A0318.jpg

Aye Curarumba mate ... which is which ? Seriously ! Never seen a Master replica next to the deago ( like this before ) . Just goes to show what a talented build/painter ( craftsman ) you are .:thumbsup Cheers Ged.:)

Aye Curarumba mate ... which is which ? Seriously ! Never seen a Master replica next to the deago ( like this before ) . Just goes to show what a talented build/painter ( craftsman ) you are .:thumbsup Cheers Ged.:)
LOL the one on the left is Deago. The MR version has the splotchy airbrushed streaks.

this is an amazing display...easily one of the best model displays i've ever seen. the name plate is a nice touch. classy. congrats!

Glad I saw your post. Very impressive display and very hie job on your falcon as well!
I'm planning on trying something similar for Bandai's Falcon.

Any photos of your display with the lights on? ;)
Wanted to see the color variations you did, as that seemed a bit challenging.

Thanks.

Glad I saw your post. Very impressive display and very hie job on your falcon as well!
I'm planning on trying something similar for Bandai's Falcon.

Any photos of your display with the lights on? ;)
Wanted to see the color variations you did, as that seemed a bit challenging.

Thanks.

Page 4 has some. I need to go back and get some better shots with something other than my cell phone.

I know this is an old thread but I wanted show my take. I used the Cloud City landing pad idea for my UCS Falcon. I loved this design and I love Cloud City. I made mine using MDF. I CNC cut the halves and engraved the lines. It's mounted flat on the bottom of my table so I could do the whole raised landing platform. I Photoshopped a Cloud City background for the base of the table.
Mostly just wanted to say thanks for a great idea!

Attachments

• IMG_5876.jpg
    IMG_5876.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 250
  • IMG_5877.jpg
    IMG_5877.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 263
  • IMG_5882.jpg
    IMG_5882.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 274
  • IMG_5883.jpg
    IMG_5883.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 271
  • IMG_5884.jpg
    IMG_5884.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 249
  • IMG_5885.jpg
    IMG_5885.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 264
I know this is an old thread but I wanted show my take. I used the Cloud City landing pad idea for my UCS Falcon. I loved this design and I love Cloud City. I made mine using MDF. I CNC cut the halves and engraved the lines. It's mounted flat on the bottom of my table so I could do the whole raised landing platform. I Photoshopped a Cloud City background for the base of the table.
Mostly just wanted to say thanks for a great idea!
Wow! Very nice! Impressive display!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back