Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

This has bugged me for a while, what is the original source of these parts (which kit) anyone know?

Attachments

• PART.JPG
    PART.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 236
This has bugged me for a while, what is the original source of these parts (which kit) anyone know?

There from an amphibian kit of some sort, but can't remember the name.

There is a guy in a thread here who has the original kit. His thread is about building the 5foot Falcon, but it's the same parts from the same kit, just different scale.

Those parts should also run parallel with the top of the tunnel, and not the horizontal plane. Not really a big deal, but if they re-do the part might not hurt to get that right also.

Ya that part bugs me too! I believe it was from the Aurora 1:72 Sealab III, but that was on the larger 5' foot falcon, I think it was scratch built on the 32" falcon as there is no smaller scale version of that model...

In fact...they got that wrong on the MR as well...so the scans DeAgostini are using to reproduce this model are going to be the same as the MR...

ORIGINAL
original.jpg

MR
MR.jpg

Last edited:
Ok people... I just got an interesting message recently from a member over on the DeAgo forum about the boarding ramp. We were talking about the ramp being motorized and remote controlled and he sent me this message:

Funny I was on the phone with a guy from DeAgostini yesterday and I asked him about that. He said the ramp will move, but not be motorized.​

So... this would be something that I would definitely not be okay with. It was one of the main reasons that pushed me over the edge to purchase this kit to begin with. The fact that the ramp was going to be completely motorized and remote controlled from the R&D video they released of the ramp doing so. So here's my question... is there any truth to this or is this just an assumption on the part of the phone operator? Anyone have any solid information?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok people... I just got an interesting message recently from a member over on the DeAgo forum about the boarding ramp. We were talking about the ramp being motorized and remote controlled and he sent me this message:

So... this would be something that I would definitely not be okay with. It was one of the main reasons that pushed me over the edge to purchase this kit to begin with. The fact that the ramp was going to be completely motorized and remote controlled from the R&D video they released of the ramp doing so. So here's my question... is there any truth to this or is this just an assumption on the part of the phone operator? Anyone have any solid information?

I think it's just a case of the phone operator not knowing the product. When I called deagostini about not receiving my blueprint in the first issue they were adamant that there was no such thing. When I emailed them and told them I had not received my blueprint they said the same thing, "there is no blueprint of the falcon. We do not offer this item at all". I had to send them a picture I got off eBay and pointed out to them "there, that is the blueprint". I then received an email in response saying that that was supposed to be in the first issue and they would send out a new issue 1 to me. No apology for the countless phone calls and emails. The way they were on the phone to me you could say to them the sky was blue but they'd tell you it was pink.

I hope that helps ease a bit of pressure off you lrdsatyr8 :) hopefully it is just a case of people in different departments that don't have full product knowledge, which I think it is.

oh and apparently they were still having trouble with the ramp motor anyway as to where it would be positioned as it was pretty much right in the middle of the gangway/corridor?

I hope that helps ease a bit of pressure off you lrdsatyr8 :) hopefully it is just a case of people in different departments that don't have full product knowledge, which I think it is. oh and apparently they were still having trouble with the ramp motor anyway as to where it would be positioned as it was pretty much right in the middle of the gangway/corridor?

I sure hope so... I would hate to think that it wouldn't be. I know how tech support is having worked in it before and how they pull their workforce from temp services. Unless the person is knowledgable in the product they are supporting they have to rely on a script of answers to basic questions. But still... it would be nice to know officially that the ramp will be motorized without having to second guess and rely on rumor and keeping your fingers crossed.

don't believe anything they tell you on the phone, they didn't do one thing they promised for me.

they will tell you anything just to get you off the phone.

only had joy with email communication

here are those parts on the 32"
there are some differences in height and positioning.

Attachments

• height.JPG
    height.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 139
here are those parts on the 32"
there are some differences in height and positioning.

Yes agreed, there is some difference in the height/positioning along the top and bottom on those parts on the studio model...just not as drastically as it is rendered on the MR and DeAgo falcons...not a 'huge' deal, but for someone as 'anal' as I, it bothers me a bit...

looks like you can get $1.00 shipping per month if you take out a subscription in june.

Attachments

• sale.JPG
    sale.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 139
not available in the uk...................yet

you could cancel your subscription then re-subscribe, BUT this is deagostini and you KNOW they would **** it up and you would be left high and dry and probably back to square one after 25 phone calls and emails that won't be answered.

its not worth the risk with these people.

Last edited:
For all USA builders of the DeAgostini falcon.I have been notified by the company that the redesigned nose cone will be sent out to all USA subscribers.It will probably be in the 10-12 month set of parts.

I am very reluctant to this build. At first I thought it was just assembly with the idea that selling in pieces would appeal to people who can't lay out the bulk of cash. But I see that paint applications is needed to really achieve any sense of accuracy.

Now I know some of you are taking things a step further with upgrading/adding parts. With the exception of adding some figures in the cockpit, that is not something I am concerned about. My concern is that I have never been much of a modeler. I don't believe I have the skills to paint the detailing and ensure it looks decent. The other problem is tools and supplies. I think some of the detailing requires airbrushing to achieve a look that cannot be accomplished by a brush or rattle can. The other thing is the investment in paints and ensuring I get the right color. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that Deagostini was considering paint kits. I think that would be a big help.

In short, I worry that when all is said and done, I would end up with a $1600 piece of crap.

I am very reluctant to this build. At first I thought it was just assembly with the idea that selling in pieces would appeal to people who can't lay out the bulk of cash. But I see that paint applications is needed to really achieve any sense of accuracy.

Now I know some of you are taking things a step further with upgrading/adding parts. With the exception of adding some figures in the cockpit, that is not something I am concerned about. My concern is that I have never been much of a modeler. I don't believe I have the skills to paint the detailing and ensure it looks decent. The other problem is tools and supplies. I think some of the detailing requires airbrushing to achieve a look that cannot be accomplished by a brush or rattle can. The other thing is the investment in paints and ensuring I get the right color. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that Deagostini was considering paint kits. I think that would be a big help.

In short, I worry that when all is said and done, I would end up with a $1600 piece of crap.

Mara Jade' Father, I think it might be worth while for you to look at the many builds that are using the Falcon painting as is. There are a lot of out of box build logs on both the USA and UK DeAgostine forms. I personally feel a previously unskilled modeler can do a fantastic job on this kit leaving the factory paint in tack. Using some weathering pastels as well as oil paint washes are easy to learn and rather forgiving as far as removal and reapplication to get your desired look.
It's easy to focus on all the uber mods going on, but those are mostly from people who would never consider building an out of box kit anyway, because it not their enjoyment level.
Following some builds of like minded folks as yourself. You may see the path you want to take is a fun journey with excellent results.
Have fun and enjoy the ride.

What I've been seeing in various forums everyone has their own idea about how they want their falcon to look and are very happy with it not looking precisely like the actual movie prop. I myself am putting this together also and i don't have any experience at all in creating an artistic paint job but I am going to give a try to make it as accurate to prop as i can. Mine doesn't have be actuate for me to be happy but I did buy an air brush kit, paints and other supplies to try and add other details on and otherwise plain falcon which I think would look very good If one decided not to do anything to it. Backing up to the beginning when I first came across this particular falcon I was watching other youtubers show off thier master replica Falcons when I came across the video of Steven Dymszo talking about this falcon and had no clue what this was or anything about a part work or what that even meant but within an hour I subscribed knowing it was a two year build and also that I might end up having a couple thousand dollars into this project but spread out out over a couple years it doesn't bother in the least. All I know is that I am one very happy individual and looking forward to every second I spend in this wonderful project.

Last edited:

If your reluctant with this build, if I were you I would pick up a model kit that you wouldn't mind considering your trash build or practice build and just follow build threads online and get it to a degree that you feel is up to your standard. It's your model after all. I've been out of building models for quite some time but I'm slowly getting back into it. I purchased another compressor off eBay and airbrush kit and did a few battlestar vipers for a hangar diorama and they didn't come out too bad. Good enough for something I did in 6 days. If I took a bit more time with them they would have been better of course. This falcon you'll wanna spend ALOT of time and patience with. After all, it is gonna be an expensive model. I think you'll do fine as long as you don't go overboard and try to work on big sections at a time.
What you say about the airbrush is so true right? There's no comparison with a paint brush or rattle can. I personally wouldn't touch this falcon without an airbrush. That's just me. Actually, pretty much any model. Each to their own, different horses for different courses.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back