Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

I wrote De Agostine to find out how to acces the digital version of the issues, couldn't find it on the website.
Here's their reply:
Dear Kim,
you can get easy access to the digital version of Millennium Falcon just downloading the app De Agostini Digital Editions on iPad, iPhone or tablet Android.

Once you’ve logged, you can immediately download the first issue of the collection into your library.
You can download the following issues as soon as they become available.
cleardot.gif

Thank you.

The Staff of De Agostini Digital Editions

Last edited by a moderator:
Does not work for the USA yet. Download it and run it yes. But, it needs account info of such I do not have nor will it add it automatically. Here is hoping that they get it working for those of us in the USA soon.

Yeah I'm pretty annoyed. My paypal shows one of the two is still pending and the other is completed... so.... What the crap?

Calling tomorrow for sure. This can't happen every time.

Where can you choose paypal?

I'm on the ordering page and I only see options for credit cards....

I have a paypal debit card... so in essence the same thing but in CC format. Useful for money orders and post office visits to pay for shipping from people's paypal payments for shipping their items.

Does not work for the USA yet. Download it and run it yes. But, it needs account info of such I do not have nor will it add it automatically. Here is hoping that they get it working for those of us in the USA soon.

I believe the digital download was only for UK because in other countries you actually get a booklet with each delivery.I asked on the forum if they would consider it for USA and will post if I hear anything.

I had a billing issue too.It was resolved, but I was curious about the preauthorization stuff so I asked the credit card processing company I use for my own business.This is what I was told

"When a vendor asks for a preuathorisation the amount they ask for is put on hold.This amount cannot be used by the buyer because it is reserved for the seller.The seller then has 5 days to actually take the money from the buyers account. So it may appear as though 2 transactions were processed, but you were only actually charged once.

So If I have $100 credit limit on my credit card and I use my credit card online to buy a model for $50. The model company preauthorizes $50 from my credit card.Now my credit card has only a $50 limit even though the model company didn't actually take any money from my card yet.That $50 is reserved for the model company.The model company then has 5 days to actually ask the credit card company for the money.Once the model company asks for the money it is taken from my credit card account."

I just got a second email from Model Space saying my payment has been processed. I HOPE that they didn't double charge me, but if they did, I better end up getting issues 1-8 instead of 2 copies of issues 1-4! Will call them Friday to double check!

I had the payment confirmation email this morning, as well. I checked my account, & I only have the one payment showing as processed today.

I'm using my debit card associated with my Credit Union account, & I have seen this before. The first time, with a different purchase, I called my local branch, & was told the same thing Satyr8 was told. When a company knows there will be a delay of a few days, between receiving an order, & actually shipping an order, they place a hold on the funds to make sure they are still there when the order ships. Otherwise, they could check your account on Monday, see the funds there, but when they try to process them on Thursday, you may not have enough to cover.

We had an issue here in NC several years ago, when gas prices shot through the roof. Gas stations were putting holds on peoples accounts for $100, no matter how much gas you purchased. I had something like $75 in my account & got $23 of gas, & was charged an overdraft fee. It all worked out, but my point is, even though it's not a practice that all companies use, it's not really anything crooked or underhanded. It seems to be something that financial institutions & merchants use to play CYA, but when questioned by customers, they'll both point the finger at the other.

I'm happy. I have a Falcon coming in a few days, the correct amount was taken, so I'm pretty zen right now.:D

I just got a second email from Model Space saying my payment has been processed. I HOPE that they didn't double charge me, but if they did, I better end up getting issues 1-8 instead of 2 copies of issues 1-4! Will call them Friday to double check!
I also got a 2nd email..called them and they claim I've only been charged once :)

On first ordering our subscription we had a ping on our account for the full amount. The next day we had a second charge for the full amount. The first amount that was pinged to our account has since dropped off. We were not happy on how this was handled but in the end it all worked out.

Today we called to ask about the duplicate email that we received this morning that had the subject title "Your payment for Model Space has been processed". DeAgostini has confirmed it is a glitch in their system. We looked and confirmed that we do not have a duplicate charge on the account that we have set up to pay for this monthly subscription. So far, all is great.

Even better... we were told that our first monthly shipment will be going out today or tomorrow. Also, we were informed that each monthly shipment will be shipped every thirty days starting from that first shipment date.

Can someone tell me what you actually get for the first months parts! I am confused on what you get with the first shipment. I noticed you get the first 4 issues of the mags showing the parts and assembly of the parts.Also does the magazines tell you all the technices to weathering each section?

On first ordering our subscription we had a ping on our account for the full amount. The next day we had a second charge for the full amount. The first amount that was pinged to our account has since dropped off. We were not happy on how this was handled but in the end it all worked out.

Today we called to ask about the duplicate email that we received this morning that had the subject title "Your payment for Model Space has been processed". DeAgostini has confirmed it is a glitch in their system. We looked and confirmed that we do not have a duplicate charge on the account that we have set up to pay for this monthly subscription. So far, all is great.

Even better... we were told that our first monthly shipment will be going out today or tomorrow. Also, we were informed that each monthly shipment will be shipped every thirty days starting from that first shipment date.

When I called to check about the dupe email..I did ask when it might ship...The answer I got was it normally takes 14 days from when you order it, until it ships.

TronGod,
All I can say is that they pulled up our account and said that our first shipment will be going out today or tomorrow. Seeing that it is now 9:35 pm EST, I would say that it will be tomorrow.

The only guess is that you may be further in line than we are hence as to why they gave you the standard 14 day answer.

A point of reference for anyone interested... our order confirmation email, from ModelSpace, shows that our subscription was placed on March 5, 2015 9:56:31 AM EST

TronGod,
All I can say is that they pulled up our account and said that our first shipment will be going out today or tomorrow. Seeing that it is now 9:35 pm EST, I would say that it will be tomorrow.

The only guess is that you may be further in line than we are hence as to why they gave you the standard 14 day answer.

A point of reference for anyone interested... our order confirmation email, from ModelSpace, shows that our subscription was placed on March 5, 2015 9:56:31 AM EST
I also ordered on march 5th... perhaps I was given the standard answer because whoever I was talking to just didn't know...but she did said that is what is normally the case (14 days)...I also thought someone had said they were told they were going to start shipping on monday... here it's almost thursday now.. so who knows. Bascially it will be sometimes between now and the end of the month

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back