Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Looking at the parts so far and the quality of the 1:8 Aston Martin they made, I can't stop thinking about how a police spinner would be if De Agostini ever made one in the same scale.

These people are idiots. They are aware of the billing problem and are okay with it. I got two emails back after explaining to them that my payment proccessed. They say while the first is an authorization, and yes that means they now control that money, they were not able to take a second entire payment so they can't process my subscription.

Hey moronic Deag people that is not how authorization works. You may put in an authorization for a payment but then you take that money. Not another seperate payment.

They are aware of what they are doing and seem to think it is okay. I thought is was a simple screw up. No big. Nope, I guess it's how these jerks do buisness.

I wish this was anything else so I could tell them where to go. Under normal circumstances I would never deal with such an idiotic company.

I can't find anyone in the buisness world who has heard of authorizations working this way.

I only keep what is needed to pay for what needs to be paid for in this account. That way there is no excess money vulnerable to theft. Or I am broke. Either way they are not authorized to take a double payment. It does not matter if the first is released in a few days. It was not theirs to take.

God I wish I could cancel on these dorks.

I have received several emails from a nice guy named Darren who has been trying to straighten things out so at least they are trying.

Yeah I'm pretty annoyed. My paypal shows one of the two is still pending and the other is completed... so.... What the crap?

Calling tomorrow for sure. This can't happen every time.

Really nice build here.......

http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/brians-build-log/

Also off that forum a pic of what appears to be the finished interior :sick

image.jpgimage.jpg

Really nice build here.......

http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/brians-build-log/

Also off that forum a pic of what appears to be the finished interior :sick

View attachment 448758View attachment 448759
To be honest..I don't see the need to have the inside of the ship be modeled out like this.. It's kinda cool..but I'd rather just have it cost a little less... Oh well..guess that is just me :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just share my experience.

After seeing the first post today about the double charging, I checked my account, & found the same thing. I was charged about 2 PM yesterday, at the exact same time I got my order confirming email. This morning, about 9AM, I had an email stating that my payment had been processed. That was the same time the second charge showed up. On my online statement, there was a contact number, so I called & got an immediate answer. No recordings, no automated prompts, nothing. Just a real, live guy.

When I explained my concern, I was assured that the first charge would drop off at shipment. He said that the first charge was basically a test to check the validity of the form of payment. I told him that according to my statement, there was no 'hold' on my account, just 2 completed withdrawals. He said that some institutions did this as a precaution, but that the $66.98 would be refunded at shipment.

I was also told that they were waiting on a delivery truck to arrive, & that shipping should commense by Monday. If after my shipping confirmation email, the separate charges remained, I could call again & they would take care of it.

I'm OK with it for right now, but I hope this was just to get the subscription started. I really don't want to have to check behind them every month for the next 2 years.
This seems like a really bad policy on their end. I guess however, I won't bother to check if I've been double billed until I get the it's shipped email.

I just checked my bank account too... yep... double billed me as well. I'm guessing the first is just a pre-auth, but the second is the actual withdrawal. The preauth should expire in 3-5 days if I'm not mistaken. Unless of course they plan on sending me 8 issues straight away! :)

Last edited:
As an FYI they usually email you when the parts ship out to you and you also get an email when they process the monthly payment so you should be able to keep track of things.

I built a 1/24 scale train kit from them. Here is a pic so you can see the quality of the stuff they selltrain1fin.jpg

The 1st customer service person I talked to today tried to convince me that it was my bank that was holding the funds. I called my bank and they said no way! I called back and they assured me that this will not happen in upcoming months.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back