Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

I didnt subscribed , so i got them from my local shop, i think you will get that with your last parcel though ... I think ....
dunno if i followed the instructions or i was just putting the stuff as i goes ... cos i dont remember missing parts or not putting parts..

I reckon so, I'm in the same boat with some parts, though there's no mention of them in issue 99.

Issue 100 will show you where the parts go. 100_12.jpg

I notice that the updates at the DeAgo forum seem to have stopped. They go up to issue 88--which is what I am up to and it's from two months ago. Am I reading this right? Seems like they are about to finish this, but no updates in two months? (I like to see what's down the line, if you know what I mean.)
Mike Todd

I notice that the updates at the DeAgo forum seem to have stopped. They go up to issue 88--which is what I am up to and it's from two months ago. Am I reading this right? Seems like they are about to finish this, but no updates in two months? (I like to see what's down the line, if you know what I mean.)
Mike Todd

Are you talking about the Build Diaries on the Model Space site? I see those go all the way to 99...if you scroll all the way down, some are not in order.

http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/the-millennium-falcon-build-diary-issue-99/

http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/the-millennium-falcon-build-diary-issue-99/

Or, if you copy/paste the link above and just change the issue number you can choose the one you want.

[edited cause it keeps truncating the link]

Last edited:
NOpe im not a subscriber ... but if you wanna buy the stuff is £40 .- ( deagostini site )

- - - Updated - - -

by the way the last poster picture is rubbish... same as last week .. really dark and i think is MR`s falcon.-

Those who have attached the mandibles do you feel that they are sturdy enough? Any chance of sagging over time? I saw a video recently of someone who's attached them and they looked a bit wobbly to me.

I've thought the same.

For grins I assembled the entire frame by itself.

What I see is that the left mandible has a piece of side frame immediately to each side of it, providing a more secure clamping of the mandible.

The right mandible only has the center-front side panel to to hold it in place. The next side frame is all the way around to the side beyond the cockpit tube.

My left mandible is level, but the right is about 1/16th lower at the front than at the base.

If I squeeze the top and bottom frame halves together, it raises the end of the mandible.

I'm working on an idea of a U shaped bracket that can be inserted into the back of the mandibles and anchored to the bottom frame to help support them.

by the way the last poster picture is rubbish... same as last week .. really dark and i think is MR`s falcon.-

Damn it they could have just as easily done a double sided poster of the original as reference. Everyone knows that you don't base a replica off another replica but you go and reference the original when making your own replica. :(

Ben

I've thought the same.

For grins I assembled the entire frame by itself.

What I see is that the left mandible has a piece of side frame immediately to each side of it, providing a more secure clamping of the mandible.

The right mandible only has the center-front side panel to to hold it in place. The next side frame is all the way around to the side beyond the cockpit tube.

My left mandible is level, but the right is about 1/16th lower at the front than at the base.

If I squeeze the top and bottom frame halves together, it raises the end of the mandible.

I'm working on an idea of a U shaped bracket that can be inserted into the back of the mandibles and anchored to the bottom frame to help support them.

Hey Rahn420, you didn't happen to take any photos of the frame all together did you? Would be helpful to see the full frame by itself.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back