DeAgostini 1:1 Studio Scale Millenium Falcon Support Group and Info

Paul from ParaGrafix has posted an update on his Facebook page regarding the current plan for upgrades.....

"I decided it's going to get confusing when people will want specific "issues" of the DeAgostini Falcon photoetch so I sat down with the first 20 issues (all that I have thus far) to figure it out.
Set #1: Cockpit - Kit assembly steps 1 through 7. Final assembly into tube in step 9.
Set #2: Main Hold - Kit steps 7 through 14.
Set #3: Corridors (A) - Kit steps 17 (main corridor); 19, 20 + ? (cockpit corridor)
These are the three sets that I am definitely planning at the moment. I feel confident that there will be sets detailing the other corridor sections (B), the gun turret interior, the gangway, and others. However I have no specifics as I have not seen parts for those areas.
I will update this list as things develop further."

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted over at Rebelscum. Just FYI this is how the chess set bench should be. Was news to me.

18564092681_dc8dc8d3d1_b.jpg

I can't follow all the Deago threads but I have not seen this so far so I thought I would post it.

I figured out where the "living area" goes based on the hallway to the cockpit. There are two posts sticking up from the bottom of the hull that go into the two holes where the cockpit and other hallway meet. It's a bit different than I thought. While it is clear where the cockpit tube glues on there is nothing I can find that screws or glues into the floor of the living area yet.

Where the cockpit tube goes is the first pic.

I placed the model on the blueprint as exact as I could.

With top Gun Turret under:

Last%20Props%20019.jpg

Last%20Props%20015.jpg

Last%20Props%20012.jpg

Last%20Props%20013.jpg

Last%20Props%20018.jpg

Last%20Props%20016.jpg

Last%20Props%20017.jpg

Last%20Props%20015.jpg

Last%20Props%20013.jpg

Last%20Props%20018.jpg

Last%20Props%20014.jpg

Last%20Props%20020.jpg

With top Gun Turret on top:

Last%20Props%20025.jpg

Last%20Props%20024.jpg

Last%20Props%20022.jpg

Last%20Props%20026.jpg

Last%20Props%20023.jpg

Last%20Props%20021.jpg

What do you think DeAgostini produce some other models in this scale? Maybe the Star Destroyer?

God I hope. Star Destroyer and Y wing are what I want. They asked a while back for what fans want to see next so they are doing more.

A lot of people want Slave I so that will likely come as well.

God I hope. Star Destroyer and Y wing are what I want. They asked a while back for what fans want to see next so they are doing more.

A lot of people want Slave I so that will likely come as well.

I would love a large scale or studio scale Slave 1 or AT-AT... maybe even a Star Destroyer, but I think one model that I really believe that they would probably do seriously well at... Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Stop and think about it... there was only one model of it made back in the 60s (its wasn't very good) and hasn't been another since. I would LOVE a CCBB!

I would love a large scale or studio scale Slave 1 or AT-AT... maybe even a Star Destroyer, but I think one model that I really believe that they would probably do seriously well at... Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Stop and think about it... there was only one model of it made back in the 60s (its wasn't very good) and hasn't been another since. I would LOVE a CCBB!

There are some who believe freedom of speech is a bad thing. I think their side just got some help.

That the road version or the flying version? Or somehow both in one?

I'm still collecting before I start building. I just got my 2nd shipment with the binder in a separate box. Looks like the binder only holds 5 months worth of "magazines", does that mean I'll have to buy more? If so I never saw it anywhere for sale, we will have to get 4 more binders to hold them all.

I'm still collecting before I start building. I just got my 2nd shipment with the binder in a separate box. Looks like the binder only holds 5 months worth of "magazines", does that mean I'll have to buy more? If so I never saw it anywhere for sale, we will have to get 4 more binders to hold them all.

Yes you will. I am skipping that as I don't like the binder and want to preserve the mags so I'll be doing the 3 ring binder and individual sleeves route.

Yeah... you can get them on DeAgostini... I think they run for like $8.99 a piece... I could be wrong thou. You'd think with how much this thing costs as it is they'd be supplying not only all the binders, but all the tools (not just a screwdriver, but clippers, brushes, clamps, glue, paints, etc)

That the road version or the flying version? Or somehow both in one?

I think DeAgo would be able to figure out a way to do all 3 versions in one... Road, Air and Sea! :) At 1/6th scale. it would be huge! I can see pulling a lever by the steering wheel and the wings popping out slowly along with the rotor blades springing up or pulling another lever and the wheels fold up and the raft inflates. That would be AWESOME!!

Yeah... you can get them on DeAgostini... I think they run for like $8.99 a piece... I could be wrong thou. You'd think with how much this thing costs as it is they'd be supplying not only all the binders, but all the tools (not just a screwdriver, but clippers, brushes, clamps, glue, paints, etc)

Yeah but it's one special screwdriver! LOL

There are some who believe freedom of speech is a bad thing. I think their side just got some help.

So what are you trying to say here? You're not a CCBB fan? You do realize that after all this time, the car is still running and in mint condition? I mean look at this:

chitty-chitty-bang-bang-1-007.jpg

Tell me that's not a beautiful site! The workmanship in that vehicle started all the custom made vehicles in movies from that moment on! This one even predates the Futura Batmobile from the TV Show!

I think DeAgo would be able to figure out a way to do all 3 versions in one... Road, Air and Sea! :) At 1/6th scale. it would be huge! I can see pulling a lever by the steering wheel and the wings popping out slowly along with the rotor blades springing up or pulling another lever and the wheels fold up and the raft inflates. That would be AWESOME!!

Id seriously consider subscribing to that if they did offer it in which ever version

I like the binders they offer and I've already ordered and recieved all five but I wish they were different like having a volume 1,2,3 ect. They offer them in sets of two on the website atleast on the USA site does sets of two for like 20 bucks but not sure about the UK site.

So what are you trying to say here? You're not a CCBB fan? You do realize that after all this time, the car is still running and in mint condition? I mean look at this:

View attachment 511100

Tell me that's not a beautiful site! The workmanship in that vehicle started all the custom made vehicles in movies from that moment on! This one even predates the Futura Batmobile from the TV Show!

Honestly, although I had heard the phrase I had no idea what it was and had never seen the car.

I hope for you that they make it,...after my Star Destroyer :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back