DeAgostini 1:1 Studio Scale Millenium Falcon Support Group and Info

Thanks LrdSatyr8, I'll get some of that epoxy or the magic sculpt to have on hand. I'm still in the process of collecting supplies and received up to issue 12 and expecting my next four issues in around the 20th of this month.

Ugh, how did that post. Anyway, I'm going to start putting mine together when I get my complete bottom hull section and jig apparatus to set it all on which will be sometime the first of next year I suspect. I'm thinking about posting my posting some of my build on the model space forum when I start but that's to be seen.

Actually oils work beautifully for weathering a model and I would argue that they go on smoother than acrylics. You just have to either use them very thinly or spray a clear acrylic coat over them to keep them from smudging if you don't want to wait for them to dry all the way.

Actually oils work beautifully for weathering a model and I would argue that they go on smoother than acrylics. You just have to either use them very thinly or spray a clear acrylic coat over them to keep them from smudging if you don't want to wait for them to dry all the way.

He was talking about using them as like a paste to build them up and make 3D features on the plastic. Something I would not recommend for oils. Yes... they work for detailing and streaking but very thinly. They still take awhile to dry. I always ended up smearing them and wiping them off and starting over. Spraying the clear coat on top makes sense but for a beginner, I wouldn't recommend them. Not to mention the clean up! :)

Yes I'm aware of what he was referring to. My response was to you where you said you would not use oils on a model in post 240.

Most of what I have tamiya acrylic pants that I'll be using. I have a couple mig oils that if I use will be in the interior only since they sound messy and could easily spread if not careful. Thanks Kokkary and LrdSatyr8 for the help :)

Edited.

Deag forum spammer has been removed and his posts.

-z

Last edited:
So I have been looking all over the internet for a GOOD reference shot of the 32" Studio Model of the Falcon for the outside edge of the front left mandible. I am building a 3d model of it so I can print it out and don't wanna wait until I get that part from my Deago model because I don't know what issue it will come in.

Does anyone have the Master Replicas Falcon and would be willing to take some really good quality reference pics of it and post them someplace for us all to share? That would be an AMAZING thing for me right now. I am specifically looking for good shots of the sides and the inside of the jaws but would love a full suite of pics of the whole model. I think we need some really good reference of that model.

I did hear that Deagostini is going to send us really good reference at some point, but who knows when that will be.

I have looked through all of the reference listed at the beginning of this topic (and everywhere else I can find) and there are some kinda ok shots of it but the lighting is bad and they are fuzzy so its hard to be sure I am building it correctly.

Thanks!!

Is it possible to buy every issue up to this point in one lump sum? Then just go on the normal subscription?

Is it possible to buy every issue up to this point in one lump sum? Then just go on the normal subscription?
Not as near as I can tell. I started a second subscription after a few months of the first 'cause I had to have two. I couldn't do it then--a month or so ago. Some people have bought the set (so far) from ebay, but I don't know if you can do that then tell DeAgo to start you at some number. I would hope that people who have bought it on ebay that way did at least look into it. Seems stupid to buy half of it, then start a subscription that starts you at the beginning and have two sets of the first half.
Mike Todd

So I have been looking all over the internet for a GOOD reference shot of the 32" Studio Model of the Falcon for the outside edge of the front left mandible. I am building a 3d model of it so I can print it out and don't wanna wait until I get that part from my Deago model because I don't know what issue it will come in.

Does anyone have the Master Replicas Falcon and would be willing to take some really good quality reference pics of it and post them someplace for us all to share? That would be an AMAZING thing for me right now. I am specifically looking for good shots of the sides and the inside of the jaws but would love a full suite of pics of the whole model. I think we need some really good reference of that model.

I did hear that Deagostini is going to send us really good reference at some point, but who knows when that will be.

I have looked through all of the reference listed at the beginning of this topic (and everywhere else I can find) and there are some kinda ok shots of it but the lighting is bad and they are fuzzy so its hard to be sure I am building it correctly.

Thanks!!

Unfortunatly the inner jaw boxes of the MR are all wrong (no good ref at the time), Raiders took a lot of pics of the 32" Falcon when it was displayed in Canada, he posted the link here, try to do the search with the key words "star wars identities"

back issues are available in the uk, not sure about state side.

you could just buy all the back issues i would have thought.

I believe that is only after the whole kit has run its 'parts' course.

And even then I don't think it's every kit.

I am forum support for Deagostini for USa so let me answer some of the questions

Some of the partworks are available as complete kits to purchase.This only happens once the subscription cycle has run its course and not every partwork is offered as a complete kit.
As far as purchasing back issues customer service is working on this for USA and it will be an option in the not too distant future.
If you need replacement parts email customer service
They try to ship the kit within 2 days of the order processing and they should email you when they process the payment and again when the issue ships.It then should take 6-8 days for you to receive the package.They are sent UPS/USPS. Canadian orders sometimes get slowed down in customs.
If your autopay is declined when they run it they will try again in a couple of days.That is sometimes the cause of the delay.
They then schedule the next payment processing out 28 days.
The rumor that they only ship on Thursdays is not true.
I am glad to help any USA subscriber that is having difficulty with their order.

Just ran across this which looks like it might be promising. Paragrafix is coming out with a photoetch and decal for the cockpit. Looks pretty good... here's the details.

http://www.paragrafix.biz/product_detail.asp?PPartNum=pgx193

1.jpg

Very cool. I also heard something about a hallway and cargo bay floor as well. Apparently, we'll hear more in a week or 2.

Yeah I heard the same thing. The cargo bay floor would be great but the hallways would be even better if they work in the floor lighting slits along the sides! I've been racking my brain how to pull that off myself.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back