Deadpool urethane mask

It looks awesome Inky. Where or how did you learn to do this stuff? Also are your interested in selling these to people? If show what would your price mark be?
Thanks! I've been doing this type of work for a health education company for the last 11 years (training models for hospitals/schools/etc), just learning as I go. I just got into making masks and props a couple years ago. I've still got some bugs to work out in the casting process, but I might do a small run when I get everything tightened up.

Got everything trimmed up and started on paint today. Just the shadows and highlights so far, still need to lay down the black.
Also got the slit in the back cut, I'll add the grommets for the laces when I finish paint. I like it but I think I'll cut it just a bit thinner next time (right now there's a 1/2" gap, I'll aim for 1/4" on the next one.)
image.jpgimage.jpg

Got everything trimmed up and started on paint today. Just the shadows and highlights so far, still need to lay down the black.
Also got the slit in the back cut, I'll add the grommets for the laces when I finish paint. I like it but I think I'll cut it just a bit thinner next time (right now there's a 1/2" gap, I'll aim for 1/4" on the next one.)
View attachment 488663View attachment 488664
Looking good dude. How are you planning on hiding the lacing for the back? Or are you just gonna have it as is kinda thing?

Looking good dude. How are you planning on hiding the lacing for the back? Or are you just gonna have it as is kinda thing?
Thanks! I'm going to have them showing, I think it'll be a good look with the right laces. But since I'm going to be cutting the slit narrower on the next one I might install a zipper to see both options.

Alright, got it all painted up and the lace holes knocked out. Unfortunately the grommets I had weren't thick enough. I'll need to pick some up before I call this finished, but essentially it's done. Only thing left to figure out besides the grommets is the eyes. I have some white mesh I can glue in, but I was also considering ordering some solid white contacts that way there would actually be some expression/movement involved.
image.jpgimage.jpg

I would pay $200 to $250 for this! Let me know if you start any sort of production
I had some problems with the sizing (mannequin head wasn't as advertised, but that's my fault for not checking first) so I'm making some changes to the master right now, but when I get it remolded I'll definitely let you know.

Got it resized and molded last week, just now getting around to pulling my test cast. It fits!
Still working on the color, but it's getting there. Going to drill out some vents along the inside edges of the black areas to help with air flow and test out some new grommets for the laces (though they're mostly for aesthetic purposes, I laced up the first version of this without them and had no problems with durability)
image.jpgimage.jpg

Got my test casting all painted up, unfortunately the new grommets still didn't work, so I'll have to keep messing with that. But again, that was just for a certain look, I haven't had any durability issues with the laces so far so I'm not in a big hurry with that.
image.jpg
And just goofing around (photoshopped eyes, obviously)
image.jpgimage.jpg

This looks great, good work! would look nice with my leather or cordura Deadpool movie suit.
Thanks! It was a fun project.
Hopefully by the time I have all the kinks worked out I'll finally be at 50 posts, I was considering a small run if the interest was there.

What's it like to breathe in? Do you end up with the inside getting wet from breathing on it?

Looks awesome! Nice to see some Deadpool back on here :)

What's it like to breathe in? Do you end up with the inside getting wet from breathing on it?

Looks awesome! Nice to see some Deadpool back on here :)

Thanks!
No trouble breathing, the eyes/vents do a pretty good job. But yes, it's pretty hot in there. It was ok inside the house but when I got outside in my leather jacket I started sweating pretty bad.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back