Deadmau5 Head

Nice Job!

I love the broken glass look! Are those broken mirrors or CD's?

I think it would be really cool for someone to take a lot of deadmau5's various albums, and do this with the CD covers!

It was about 35 cut up CD's and took a couple days to do it all.

IMG_0951.JPGIMG_0955.JPGIMG_0975.JPG

hey guys, just wondering (perhaps there is a logical answer to it, who knows?)

why not use a styropor ball instead as a base? would think its easier to purchase and modelling with a hotwire you would get really clean cuts... after you done you can make it hard with resin?

cheers

Hey guys,

Been a long time lurker on this thread and it has helped me tremendously in my project to make some very quality deadmau5 heads. Just thought I'd make an account and share what the end product was with some of these mau5heads I made. Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead but it is Halloween haha. If anyone is interested I have all 4 of these up on Ebay, my seller name is bswan15 :D
WP_20130823_013.jpg

I have gone through some ear changes in the past 4 years since i originally made the head for a Halloween party. The base head is showing its age as i used the paper mache method with fibreglass (I'd love to find a uk seller of plastic globes). I'm currently working on a new base and experimenting with different materials for the ears.

Let me know which ear combination/eyes you prefer :)

telford.jpgDeadmau5.jpgCameraZOOM-20140722083451965.jpg

Just got my most recent Deadmau5 head replica made from 3D printed parts.. It is a rough assembly, I kinda goofed around with how I wanted to show it. But I will post more photos later on :) But for now please enjoy :D
6B7959DA-4620-4571-8B24-20ECEE2D05A9.jpg

Finally fixed my Mau5head 3D model! just need to wait and get it printed out again. I made slight tweaks to the ears, the ear tilt, lip thickness and removed the eye mount pieces. Unfortunately I wont be able to have photo's of the head completed for a long time.... but in the meantime enjoy the model i made!
Screenshot (497).png

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back