Dead space plasma cutter

Rynoh29

Hello,

I am hoping someone can really help me out or at least point me in the right direction. I am trying to make a plasma cutter from the dead space game series. I would like to make it light up like it does in the video game, I have a few ideas in mind, but I have never worked with lasers or anything like that. I would like to make the lasers light up when the trigger is squeezed. Any help would be appreciated, see attached pic for reference.

Attachments

• 1142777-dead_space__article_image.jpg
    1142777-dead_space__article_image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 266
so from what i know of lasers its hard to get them looking good without a controlled environment. you need smoke or something or else you wont be able to see the beam. so it really depends what your going to be using it for. if your planning on cosplaying at an event real lasers wouldn't really be that effective. but if its just going to be at your house you could set up the lasers and it would ok. one idea if you don't want to have laser pointers is you could probably get a blue string and put some fans behind them so when you press a button the fans turn on and blow the string out

there are micro fog machines basically the same setup and size as a vape box. build that into your plasma cutter and have a secondary trigger where you release the smoke first, then activate your lasers. much better presentation.

Here is a link to a HOT laser build of the laser cutter -

And here is the best link that includes some building plans.

Gordon

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back