DC-15 sniper variant build

laellee

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, I'm finally getting around to posting on this build. The DC-15 carried by clone troopers, and for my particular project, Boba Fett (the Mythos version) carries a longer sniper variant. If this guy does have a specific name, let me know lol, it just looks like an extended and modified DC-15A to me :lol

DC-15A

Mythos Sniper variant

Here's a comparison of the DC-15A to Fett's sniper as well:

The game plan was to 3d model the blaster, and then assemble the sections over a PVC pipe core 'shish-kabob style' for strength and rigidity. I also wanted to use real hardware for the nuts and bolts to improve the finish, and also functioning sling swivels so it can be tossed across the back when not in-hand. Last, I wanted a 'break' in the rifle body that would work with the PVC core, something that would allow the rifle to be taken down into at least two pieces for transport.... The blaster isn't terribly complex, but it is loooonnnnggg.

Here is where I then ended up with the 3d model:

Thanks for looking!

Model broken down for assembly:

gukti0uj6et207u4g.jpg

...and fast forward to the pieces printed and test fit! High stress areas like the charge handle and sling mounts were printed solid, while I also added channels for 3/16" metal rods to strengthen other areas like the grip.

atr1hx65zbk66234g.jpg

1dcensgn58vs9op4g.jpg

t720jyqkr7786ty4g.jpg

:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back