Darth Vader ROTS Helmet WIP from Hasbro Mask and Pepakura

PAMPatine

I had the fiberglass and bondo parts commissioned again through mfx props. here is the latest update he sent me:
image_zpsruldvenn.jpg

grenater

Thanks, but my issue is exactly the opposite of yours. I have no problem with the fiberglass and bondo. It's the printing part that I can't do. I have no internet connection at home and no printer, so...
Shapeways or some other printing g service?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

PAMPatine

Here are the latest WIP pictures sent to me. I had some head vents made, using some ROTS vader reveal pictures as my reference. I also asked for the side tubes to be extended, since the tubes of the original hasbro mask were shorter than the actual mask:

image_zpsi7ydg6xn.jpg

I also requested for some pictures of the mask from 6 feet away, to get a feel of how it actually looked without photo warping:
image_zpsxud8ue3e.jpg

image_zpsdryey03j.jpg

image_zpseaonayvu.jpg

image_zpsacs2zufs.jpg

And here is where it currently stands with the dome:

image_zps9tzpmade.jpg

image_zpskilehopl.jpg

PAMPatine

Wow, great job on this. I didn't think that little mask would be able to look so good.

Thanks Celtic! I didn't know that it would too, but hasbros digital sculpts have been pretty good as of late (I.e. Kylo Ren black series helmet).

I finally got my helmet on hand. My EFX PCR ANH Vader also arrived, so I took pics of both together. I think I could still fix the mounting on the dome though. Can't wait to get started on the paint. Any advice you guys want to give me before I start?

image_zpsf4ahhib8.jpg

image_zpstzc1nwcq.jpg

image_zpsv3q9hqdj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BudaFett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Incredible! I can't believe this is based off one of those cheap hasbro masks! I can't wait to see it finished and painted!

PAMPatine

Thanks for for all the positive feedback guys!! It has been really encouraging. I am currently in the process of painting the mask, and am waiting to receive a new more-symmetrical dome that I had commissioned. Here are some updated pictures of where the mask is, and some comparison shots vs. the MR ROTS Vader and EFX PCR Vader. It is t 100% identical to the MR Vader (most noticeable on how the nose and "eyebrows" are shaped), but I am really happy with how it is looking so far.

image_zpsdubv772g.jpg

image_zpsb2meicza.jpg

image_zpshmojoii9.jpg

image_zpslf2voqud.jpg

Last edited:

PAMPatine

Thanks Rommel and Jim! :)

Got my my new Dome today! This one is more symmetrical compared to my first attempt. Apologies for the crappy iphone pics.

image_zpsiwkav14z.jpg

image_zpsbcaj9ssb.jpg

Kroenen77

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Wow you made a great job!This is the best fanmade ROTS I´ve ever seen.:):thumbsup
But I would correct the flange on the right side of the dome before you mold it.;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.