Darth Vader ROTS Helmet WIP from Hasbro Mask and Pepakura

I had the fiberglass and bondo parts commissioned again through mfx props. here is the latest update he sent me:
image_zpsruldvenn.jpg

Thanks, but my issue is exactly the opposite of yours. I have no problem with the fiberglass and bondo. It's the printing part that I can't do. I have no internet connection at home and no printer, so...
Shapeways or some other printing g service?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Here are the latest WIP pictures sent to me. I had some head vents made, using some ROTS vader reveal pictures as my reference. I also asked for the side tubes to be extended, since the tubes of the original hasbro mask were shorter than the actual mask:

image_zpsi7ydg6xn.jpg

I also requested for some pictures of the mask from 6 feet away, to get a feel of how it actually looked without photo warping:
image_zpsxud8ue3e.jpg

image_zpsdryey03j.jpg

image_zpseaonayvu.jpg

image_zpsacs2zufs.jpg

And here is where it currently stands with the dome:

image_zps9tzpmade.jpg

image_zpskilehopl.jpg

Wow, great job on this. I didn't think that little mask would be able to look so good.

Thanks Celtic! I didn't know that it would too, but hasbros digital sculpts have been pretty good as of late (I.e. Kylo Ren black series helmet).

I finally got my helmet on hand. My EFX PCR ANH Vader also arrived, so I took pics of both together. I think I could still fix the mounting on the dome though. Can't wait to get started on the paint. Any advice you guys want to give me before I start?

image_zpsf4ahhib8.jpg

image_zpstzc1nwcq.jpg

image_zpsv3q9hqdj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Incredible! I can't believe this is based off one of those cheap hasbro masks! I can't wait to see it finished and painted!

Thanks for for all the positive feedback guys!! It has been really encouraging. I am currently in the process of painting the mask, and am waiting to receive a new more-symmetrical dome that I had commissioned. Here are some updated pictures of where the mask is, and some comparison shots vs. the MR ROTS Vader and EFX PCR Vader. It is t 100% identical to the MR Vader (most noticeable on how the nose and "eyebrows" are shaped), but I am really happy with how it is looking so far.

image_zpsdubv772g.jpg

image_zpsb2meicza.jpg

image_zpshmojoii9.jpg

image_zpslf2voqud.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Rommel and Jim! :)

Got my my new Dome today! This one is more symmetrical compared to my first attempt. Apologies for the crappy iphone pics.

image_zpsiwkav14z.jpg

image_zpsbcaj9ssb.jpg

Wow you made a great job!This is the best fanmade ROTS I´ve ever seen.:):thumbsup
But I would correct the flange on the right side of the dome before you mold it.;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back