Darth Maul display -updated 3-14-12 new pics w/outer robe see post #121

Re: Darth Maul display -almost finished

My God, Gino, this has to rank up there with the absolute BEST the RPF has ever produced in any category. The likeness is other-wordly and the attention to detail is nightmarishly precise.

Like others have said, it looks like production stills from the costume and makeup tests of the real actor.

I am in awe of your skills. I almost am afraid of you changing the eyes as they already look phenomenal to me.

Hector

I don't know if I'd say that, there have been a lot more impressive things I've seen here than this, but I totally appreciate the sentiment nonetheless. :$

Trust, the new eyes will make a huge difference.

I finished reworking the mannequin body and am getting ready to take some new pics. Be back here in just awhile.

I laugh at those who say perfection cannot be attained. Well...here it is. You just have to want it and never give up until you get it.

One of the best 1:1's ever, Gino. BRAVO! :thumbsup

What a great compliment.
Still not finished though. The new eyes will make a huge difference I promise.

0545175.jpeg

Really love this shot... You've done a great job on the bulking out of the body.:)

This display is Amazing:love!
You truly made the awesome sculpt come to life with the right body size, costume and pose.

It just gets better and better. The eyelashes are killer! :thumbsup It's like looking right at Ray Park, not some mannequin and fake head. Best I've ever seen.

Re: Darth Maul display -updated 5-31-09 new pics post #35

Wow uber cool Maul look's like Ray standing there.My only question under the eye's it look's like the black wore off is it suppost to look like that?Very impressive Gino.:thumbsup

next to Boss Nass and Jar Jar Binks my very least favourite prequel character - in a wonderful execution! Great work:thumbsup

Last edited:

Blasphemy! Maul is the only reason I acknowledge EP 1. :lol This thing belongs in a museum!

This is authentic straight to the smallest pores! :eek
Heck, even those lifemasks you get on ebay don't look any more realistic than this SCULPT made by hand.

This is just looking scaring alive! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back