Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - V2 Biceps Done pg 130!

I finally got some time to stop by here and wanted to say a BIG THANKS to Darkside501st for the Mark VII pepakura files. They have been amazing! This is my first venture into this kind of costume/armor creation. So far, so good! I have started with the helmet, just to get my feet wet. I must say that I am thrilled with how it is coming along. I would also like to give a shout out to Stealth for the great tutorials! Thanks! Now, as Darkside501st had requested.... I present the first batch of pictures! :)

IMG_2613.jpg

213521-day-2.jpg

213522-day-3.jpg

213523-day-4.jpg

213524-day-5.jpg

213525-day-6.jpg

213526-day-7.jpg

Thanks again to everyone that has helped me get this far... More to come! :)

so version 2 done yet

Not yet.

hey Mike

have you tested the elbow pivot point system I suggested yet ? I'm curios to know how it works (if my math is right, and it always is) the second pivot point should make the upper forearm go slightly on top of the curved circles when you bend your elbow

I haven't had a chance yet but I have been thinking about it in my head and it could work in theory... testing it in real life is a different story. ;)

hey darkside quick question..

The helmet test file is scaled to .95 right? would the 1.05 file be about 10% bigger? so a head of about circumference of about 25"?

Thanks

That is about a 10% increase. Whether or not it will fit a 25" head circumference I could not say. A lot of that depends on the shape of your head. the 1.05 scale helmet is 198mm wide.

The painted helmet. Now I do internal finishing and eyes.

View attachment 213340

Looking good

I finally got some time to stop by here and wanted to say a BIG THANKS to Darkside501st for the Mark VII pepakura files. They have been amazing! This is my first venture into this kind of costume/armor creation. So far, so good! I have started with the helmet, just to get my feet wet. I must say that I am thrilled with how it is coming along. I would also like to give a shout out to Stealth for the great tutorials! Thanks! Now, as Darkside501st had requested.... I present the first batch of pictures! :)

Thanks again to everyone that has helped me get this far... More to come! :)

Great job so far! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Hey Mike,
Thank you for all the work you've put into this project!!!!
Here is my progress so far.

20130729_104115.jpg

I haven't had a chance yet but I have been thinking about it in my head and it could work in theory... testing it in real life is a different story. ;)

I'm pretty confident that it wiil work. but your right, there's always a slight chance that theory doesn't mach up with reality

I wanted to thank MaxDefiant for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project. Your name has been added to the VIP list and you will get the 2 months early access to the V2 files when they are done.

Thanks for all the info and templates mate!
Time to get started on my V2 Helmet :cool

Hi guys i would like to share my own V2 Mark VII Hip-Pod what I made.... :)

MarkVII V2 Hip-Pod.jpg

What do you all think??? Mike?

Well people, I made my own V2 chest-back of my Mark 7 on cardboard :p I had to improvise a little bit

P310713_01.59.jpg

P310713_02.06.jpg

P310713_03.32.jpg

P310713_03.32_[03].jpg

P310713_03.33.jpg

P310713_03.37_[01].jpg

P310713_03.38.jpg

P310713_03.38_[02].jpg

I hope you like it :)

Hi guys i would like to share my own V2 Mark VII Hip-Pod what I made.... :)

View attachment 214402

What do you all think??? Mike?

Yeah, that looks very detailed. Might be a pain to pep. ;)

Well people, I made my own V2 chest-back of my Mark 7 on cardboard :p I had to improvise a little bit
I hope you like it :)

Looks good.

hey darkside, i have a question, will you make the v2 back compatible with the v1 chest and vice-versa?

I was wondering, since the VIP's get the V2 files in advance, should i wait till some V2 file are out for my halloween costume, or just construct the V1 files? It doesn't really matter but i was just wondering. Sorry if it has been asked before, i just can't find the search thread button.

hey darkside, i have a question, will you make the v2 back compatible with the v1 chest and vice-versa?

I doesn't look like they will be compatible.

I was wondering, since the VIP's get the V2 files in advance, should i wait till some V2 file are out for my halloween costume, or just construct the V1 files? It doesn't really matter but i was just wondering. Sorry if it has been asked before, i just can't find the search thread button.

I couldn't say if I will be finished in enough time for you to build your Halloween costume. I would say that you would want to give yourself as much time as possible so you might want to start on the V1 files. If you can knock out a full suit in a week like JFcustom then you might want to wait.

I doesn't look like they will be compatible.

too bad. i already built the v1 chest and i was waiting for the v2 back cuz it looks like it's more accurate. :/
do you mind if i build the v1 back with some alterations?

You are free to use the files as a guide and make whatever modifications you want so long as you are not modifying the files themselves and redistributing them without my permission to do so.

You are free to use the files as a guide and make whatever modifications you want so long as you are not modifying the files themselves and redistributing them without my permission to do so.

ok, thanks. :)

I've stalled awaiting v2 (I now see I will have a plus 2 on those too) at least I know to reduce scale for chest the next time round. Have almost finished a dredd helmet in the mean time to brush up on skills. Thanks for your work Darkside :)

Just a quick question. When we scale the models, for example the chest, how do we know where exactly is the height or diameter etc.? To clarify, as stated on the OP, measurement tool?
Thanks in advance!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back