Daily Prophets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. You must be doing something wrong in Photoshop.

You need to set your dots per inch (dpi) value pretty high.
Screen resolution is only 72dpi but for print resolution you should be working at 300 or even 400dpi. That might sort it out.

Photoshop's a pretty fancy program, btw. :thumbsup

Ahhhh... Thats why my fonts come out really pixelated! I never thought to check the resolution :D

Hi. You must be doing something wrong in Photoshop.

You need to set your dots per inch (dpi) value pretty high.
Screen resolution is only 72dpi but for print resolution you should be working at 300 or even 400dpi. That might sort it out.

Photoshop's a pretty fancy program, btw. :thumbsup
Well, I did actually do that. But my dpi was originally 300, så i raised it to 600 (!) still grainy print. Improved, but not perfect.

I use CorelDRAW, CorelPHOTO-PAINT (X4) and AdobePhotoshopCS(This last one generally only for color adjustments).
I really think you should try some other propgram, i really can't imagine work on these using it. It must be much more difficult.
I've recentrly re-finished this Front page:
10i8600.jpg

I'm quite happy with it, specially because I learned how to add a ''newspaper print look'' to it.
with/without:
2zyzblt.jpg

34eyw6e.jpg

:)

Using AdobePhotoshopCS: :thumbsup

First invert the image color. And select color black.
2rpzq74.jpg

Then, go to Filter>Filter Gallery.
2a8rkeh.jpg

**Adjust until dots on the white parts disapear.

The image gets a little blurry.
Sharpen it until you think it’s ok for your use. (Filter>Sharpen)
243iydl.jpg

20922p1.jpg

Invert the image again, and you’re done!
a3o9vs.jpg

**Sorry, for the laguage on the Photoshop.
I was a bit lazy to reinstall the program in english.

@Juno: CONvergence in MN. 30th of June -3ed of July 2011. it never two early to start planing. We are doing 2 HP room. Slytherin commons and Gryffindor commons. We are looking for things that go in the room. Things like the newpapers, magazines, Hogsmeade stuff, notes that are on the bulletin board, good pictures of Salazar and Godric, other good portrait pictures, books, and anything else that would fit will into both rooms, I have some stuff ready but more is better. You should come up love to meet you.

first allow my apologies for my english.

i admire the work on this forum. i wish to make my own daily prophet for the films harry potter.

my problem is i can not type the small writing as my english is bad and i do not see clear images from where to copy the text.

would anyone be willing to send me the text so i can copy and paste? i will uderstand if no because i am assure that this is alot of work. However facours can not be granted if they are not asked for first.

to clarify i ask only for the text for wich i can copy and paste so i can create my own layout to design my own newspaper.

i hope this request is not hard for understanding.

thank you for your time and well done again.

I was wondering if some of you might have a good reference image of this part of any front page:
11b3m90.jpg

Especially the little "sun" or "star" with the price (?) in it? But also the bit with Zodiac Aspects and the others since I don't have good enough reference to make out the small text.

Hello everyone, for a very long time I have been facinated with the prophet. Will you guys be selling any of your prophets at all?
To be honest from the work you have been doing you really have put a amazing effort into it, You should look at selling them!
If you are, definately put me on the list :D

Jimmy

Hello everyone, for a very long time I have been facinated with the prophet. Will you guys be selling any of your prophets at all?
To be honest from the work you have been doing you really have put a amazing effort into it, You should look at selling them!
If you are, definately put me on the list :D

Jimmy

News in a day or two.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back