Daily Prophets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Words can't describe how good those look!

Can't wait to be able to hopefully get one (or two or more) :)

Have you been using screen captures for reference? I ask because there is more top and bottom screen data (picture) available in the full screen version of the DVDs than the wide-screen version.

Excellent suggestion. Yes I am using screen captures (among other things) from the widescreen version. Can anybody here help with grabs from the full screen versions?

Kevin, I REALLY love your Daily Prophets, what are the Prophets who are complete ?
I don't own the fullscreen edition but I own the COS and OOTP widescreen in HD, if I can help you ...

PS : Thanks for the translation about Fortnight.

Last edited:
Great work Kevin and Tymex

I've been working on:
2s8o57s.jpg

And this maybe help you Kevin
33kdw60.jpg

dy2mjc.jpg

I put the first two screencaps because it shows how looks the real Sirius Black picture without visual effects.

I guess the big question is... is there enough available reference for you guys to finish these? And if not, will you put in original content? Still looking for a set of these some day.

Thanx

Wow, hate to be a thread killer, but... anyone???

These look amazing and I have wanted to purchase finished copies of these for a very long time. So, there seems to be two guys who are making progress. The question remains. Do you have enough reference to finish any of these and, if yes, will you offer them for sale?

hermionedailyprophet.jpg

Get cranking! :cool

It seems it's the one that described the murder of the witch a block from Downing Street if I recall the book correctly. "AT HER HOME".

the second one I guess says GRINGOTTS RAID FAILS: HEXES FLY" / "Ghosts demand housing benefits"

I would love to get a pile of daily prophets. All of them are soo cool. And now that I finally have work again, I can even afford it. :)

Last edited:
Has anyone identified the small clipart of the sun that is on the daily prophets in OOTP (and possibly GOF)

It is a square shape ans sits at the top of the font page with the papers price written on?

where can we found the daily prophet to download in high resolution:) becaus e i am really interested because i have maybe found in france a printer to print some of the on paper journal. or it it possible to have them by mail

Have you guys thought about adding a lenticular of the pictures to this? It would actually allow the pictures to move.

The only problem would be getting a decent video clip to use in the lenticular.

Have you guys ever offered these for sale? I have been looking for a Daily Prophet Prop for years and when I joined here this was one of my first searches.

Very Interested in a front page "He Who Must Not Be Named Returns" and front page "Escape from Azkaban!" printed on newspaper. If anyone can help please pm or email me. Thank you!

Hi people! I'm a new member and I'm working on my own prop of The Daily Prophet. But since I'm not nearly good enough to do the whole "replicate to perfection" thing, I merely make my own version of it. Though I have researched extensively and I try my very best to keep the spirit of the ones we see in the movies going.

Here's my first attempt at a front page. I'm not really satisfied with it, but it'll do for now. Just 7 more pages to go (I'm making a paper with 8 pages, 2 A3's folded).

1shc8m.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to get my hands on a few of this I very much would love the quidditch world cup paper. let me know

Funnily enough I just had a breakthrough moment with the crossword clues on the back of the first Prophet. I'm going to try and get that finished too now.

Kevin: I was just wondering, what program are you using to make your Prophet? Me, not having any fancy programs, have tried using both Photoshop and Word, but none of them seem to give me the right results. Photoshop gives me a really crappy print and I'm struggeling to get it the way I want it in Word.

Kevin: I was just wondering, what program are you using to make your Prophet? Me, not having any fancy programs, have tried using both Photoshop and Word, but none of them seem to give me the right results. Photoshop gives me a really crappy print and I'm struggeling to get it the way I want it in Word.

Try Inkscape. It is a free Adobe Illustrator alternative!
I started making props in word and I understand how annoying it can be!

Inkscape. Draw Freely.

Hi. You must be doing something wrong in Photoshop.

You need to set your dots per inch (dpi) value pretty high.
Screen resolution is only 72dpi but for print resolution you should be working at 300 or even 400dpi. That might sort it out.

Photoshop's a pretty fancy program, btw. :thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back