Daft Punk TB Helmet WIP, FireWire Cast

Great helmet DaLo. Do you plan on installing the lights in the ear pucks? That would really make it pop!

Actually in the beginning I wanted to install the ear lights, however I don't really have much room left in the helmet now. But I think that I will install fans :)

Was at Polymanga too! I have seen you, your helmet rocks!!! Meeting Harrison was a true chance, that guy is awesome.

Keep going, you made an amazing job!

Was at Polymanga too! I have seen you, your helmet rocks!!! Meeting Harrison was a true chance, that guy is awesome.

Keep going, you made an amazing job!

Thanks man! I couldn't where the helmet long though, it gets so hot and I couldn't really see out of it well :p I'll be at polymanga next year, and maybe not just for one day :) What costume did you wear?

Last edited:
I can imagine you can't wear it very long. The real helmets that daft punk are wearing during concert are actually cooled with fans.

I am not a costume wearer, I do models and, for a few weeks, props. Nevertheless, I am planning on making/buying a Guy-Manuel Helmet without the electronics. Any supplier/maker of Guy-Manuel helmet to recommend? Where did you buy yours?

See you next year!

Actually saw your post over at thedaftclub forum but I don't post there much, more of a lurker haha. It's been a long time coming, no? since you started with the cast

I can imagine you can't wear it very long. The real helmets that daft punk are wearing during concert are actually cooled with fans.

I am not a costume wearer, I do models and, for a few weeks, props. Nevertheless, I am planning on making/buying a Guy-Manuel Helmet without the electronics. Any supplier/maker of Guy-Manuel helmet to recommend? Where did you buy yours?

See you next year!

I bought mine from a prop maker called "FireWire". But he doesn't make Guy helmets.

If you want a finished one without LEDs I'd recommend you "Moguai Props" : Video Game and Movie related props by MoguaiPropsLLC on Etsy

You can get one there for 850$, which I think is a fair price.

But if you only want a cast and have time to wait, I'd wait till Volpin rebuilds his, which is what I'm going to do. I have time to wait so that I'll have enugh money :p You know, the one volpin made originally was for a guy who's about 2 meters tall. So he decided to make a new one that doesn't look like a Bobblehead on a smaller person.

If you need a cast quick theres Moguai Props, Sporgo, MrPinski which should have casts to buy right now I think. Moguai's is also on ebay :

DAFT PUNK GUY HELMET RAW CAST. | eBay

For cast's theres also Sorenzo props, but because im not so tall I think it wouldn't look good on me. But his is one of the best out there in the moment

Actually saw your post over at thedaftclub forum but I don't post there much, more of a lurker haha. It's been a long time coming, no? since you started with the cast

Yeah I know. When I bought the helmet I wasn't really motivated to work on it. Also, I had to wait about 3 months to sent the helmet to the only chrome shop in Switzerland who does the spray chrome process. But finally Im finished :p

Last edited:
Info: My next project is the Guy helmet, R.A.M era which I already bought from Sorenzo and I should have it in the beginning of next week.

Also a big photoshoot is coming very soon, but I cant talk much about at the momemt ;)

Hi Guys:)

I introduced myself already in the new member Thread, but for those who didnt read it here it is again: my name is Loris, 17 and from Zurich, Switzerland. I love all kind of props, Im pretty new in the cosplay scene. Right now Im building a Daft Punk helmet for a Cosplay event in Montreux. Cool thing is that Volpin will be there too Also I want to make more props in the future, but I want to buy casts an then finish them :p

This was my first build:

DaftCoke

And now Im making this

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8506/8377392346_fa2aa1d30b.jpg
LED Display von DaftCH auf Flickr

Its the Thomas helmet from Daft Punk.

I bought this cast from FireWire

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7100/7287229216_0877ccc7b0.jpg
Fire Wire Cast von DaftCH auf Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8148/7287230144_d484bd135a.jpg
Fire Wire Cast, Ears and visor von DaftCH auf Flickr

The quality on this cast is amazing. First I thought it was a bit small, but after some trimming and sanding it finally fit.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8160/7287230620_2ceaed7fda.jpg
Ears Trimmed and sanded von DaftCH auf Flickr

then I thought it would be cool if I could make a LED matrix for the helmet. But I soon realised that it is to difficult for me.

But then I got in contact with a guy named Sandisk1duo on the Daft Club Forum. He sells finished displays for FireWire casts. You really need to check out his work!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8497/8373117115_01ab481116.jpg

after that I had to trimm the visor area so that the LED Display could fit.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8506/8377392346_fa2aa1d30b.jpg

Right now I contacted two chromers who can do the cosmichrome process.
One of them told me that he'll be get some material fr the process at the end of february. So ow I contacted him to seeif he can get it done by the time the Polymanga starts. So stay tuned :)
How did you get the Display to stay in the helmet? And how did you get contact Sandisk1duo, i went to his youtube and his page on here and he hasnt replyed. On youtube it seems most of his stuff hes made isnt for sale.
Thanks

How did you get the Display to stay in the helmet? And how did you get contact Sandisk1duo, i went to his youtube and his page on here and he hasnt replyed. On youtube it seems most of his stuff hes made isnt for sale.
Thanks

About the Display:

LED Display von DaLo9295 auf Flickr

you can see that I left some resin on the side of the visor area. The PETG sheet, which the LEDs are on, is a bit larger and I just put double sided tape on it.

LED Display von DaLo9295 auf Flickr

on this picture you see that theres PETG plastic on both sides without any LEDS on it, this is where I put the double sided tape. Hope you get the idea, kinda hard to explain :p

I contacted Sandisk1Duo over at the daft clubforum, but you should be able to contact him with a PM on youtube :)

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask ;)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back