3D Printed Daft Punk Helmet Replica (Guy)

MR_Adrian

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I decided to embark on the journey of building my own daft punk helmet, and with the availability of 3D printing, it'd be a shame not to. The file I am using is from HERE.

I just got an Alfawise U10 so I got everything printed out rather quickly, then I assembled the helmet. This is where I am currently at, I will be finishing, molding, casting, vacuforming, doing the electronics, in the coming months so stay tuned! I'll be keeping this thread as well as my YouTube channel updated!

Here's the first episode of my build series on this helmet.

IMG_20181127_150423.jpg

Big fan of 3D printed projects. I have the Mod-T printer and my Creality Ender 3 was just delivered today. I'll be following your build!

We've got lights! My buddy wrote the code, we've got about 6 patterns that will be able to be selected via rotary encoder.
Don't have a YouTube link for the electronics yet, but here's an Instagram video

>>>VIDEO<<<

IMG_20181206_183118.jpg

So this thing is looking pretty dang smooth, I still want to do some more before I mold and cast it. Here's a video on how I did it for those that are newer to 3d printing and are looking to finish their 3D prints!

DSC_2448.jpg

I built a vacuformer to make my own visors, I still have yet to make a successful pull, I've got to work out a couple of kinks, but I'll get it done soon. Check out how I built the vacuformer and how the first couple of pulls went in my new video:

It's been a while and I've been busy with life, etc. But I'm working on this thing again.

So I'm getting really close to molding and casting, I have all of my supplies too, at what point is the master good enough to cast? It's pretty damn good right now, but idk when to stop and just say it's now up to the people who get castings to finish it the rest of the way.
Any input from someone who's sold castings and has had happy customers?
IMG_20190829_154122_684.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back