Help please! Wiring an 11x40 LED matrix for a Daft Punk helmet

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Galifreyscall

Hi all! I'm a huge fan of Daft Punk, and while searching for a new project to distract me from the 3 unfinished ones I have I settled on the robot's helmets, specifically Thomas'. I'm trying to make the electronics like the original, a programmable 11x40 3mm LED matrix. The problem arises when I remember I have no experience in circuit building, I dont know a resistor from a capacitor and it shows- I've also had no luck in finding drivers for an LED matrix larger than 8x8, and without that it is worthless. (I realize I could do some magic with arduinos, but I also am ill educated in their use) I haven't actually seen anyone use the proper 3mm matrix, probably because of this dilemma, but if anyone has any tips they would be most appreciated.

Best regards, and happy making! -Jonathan

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.