Daft Punk Guy-Manuel Helmet Build

Looking awesome mate :)

I know what you man about loosing detail though, it was the same with mine, you spent so long getting the original perfect so when you create casts you never have to look at bondo ever again in your life. :) Then even the smallest blemish in the finished cast annoys you. We live and learn and hopefully you have learned things to improve on next time.

Iv Pmed you about our deal :D lol

Peace.

Exactly! I'm just glad the small blemishes are fixable, but at this point I never want to sand anything ever again...!

Looking awesome mate :)

I know what you man about loosing detail though, it was the same with mine, you spent so long getting the original perfect so when you create casts you never have to look at bondo ever again in your life. :) Then even the smallest blemish in the finished cast annoys you. We live and learn and hopefully you have learned things to improve on next time.

Iv Pmed you about our deal :D lol

Peace.

First off, apologies to anyone whom I haven't responded to yet concerning casting inquiries. I will be posting on this board in the coming weeks about selling casts, so stay tuned.

I FINALLY finished a helmet enough to wear it on Halloween. Sadly, I ran out of time for the electronics for both my helmet and my wife's costume, but I'm overall pleased with the results. I don't know if you can see in the pictures but I got some custom converse shoes that looked just like Guy-Man's as well. Overall a very fun Halloween.

More soon.

6307767709_c33d2db798.jpg

6308288832_ae0b790b07.jpg

6307767017_21b3dca8af.jpg

6307766761_a9db776c70.jpg

looks like a beaut'

how did you make the visor/see-through panel?

Vacu-formed it. I'll post how I built the vacu-former. I'm still learning it and had a few duds before I got one that worked.

Also, I really loved the nightshades tinting. It's hard to work with though the results are beautiful. I painted the inside in many many thin coats, and it wasn't cloudy at all.

The time has finally come. Keep watching the thread this week as the first casts will be made available and announced here. Stay tuned...

WOW! What a thread. Definitely picked up some great tips for future builds, emphasis on the fencing idea for the sharp lines. Just outstanding work. Hat's off to you for the patience with the sanding...

WOW! What a thread. Definitely picked up some great tips for future builds, emphasis on the fencing idea for the sharp lines. Just outstanding work. Hat's off to you for the patience with the sanding...

My thoughts exactly! I read through the thread a few days ago and have been eagerly awaiting the promised update!

Well, it's finally happened. Casts are going to be available. I had a few vacuform problems (the hollow resin was deforming, but thanks to Operation Overkill it is now full of plaster) and I've been killing myself at work, but I finally have time and casts to sell.

The first offering will be two casts, complete with domes. The casts will be untrimmed, raw casts, as will the vacuformed domes.

More details will be coming, but watch the Junkyard at noon CT on Friday, December 16th. I will be posting pictures tomorrow with details.

There will be other offerings as well, but I'm going to sell them as they are completed, not take orders ahead of time in case the mold craps out and I get set back.

Until then,

Thermistor

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back