D.C.'s Titans (tv series)

4. somebody else will ask " why is she dressed like a hooker?"
Starfire-Titans-Set-Photos.jpg

What is even happening here? Good lord. It's like DC is so mad at Marvel for having a unified cinematic universe they are intentionally having zero continuity between anything. Great way to bolster the IP guys!

Honestly, the pics of Zachary Levi from Shazam are so great I wish DC would do ANTI-grit and make everything in the style of a live action Brave and the Bold style or Batman 66.

Oh, and just to get it out of the way--

1. Somebody will say they don't like an african american cast as Starfire
2. Somebody else will say "careful! If you don't like you're automatically racist!"
3. Somebody else will point out she's an orange skinned alien and therefor race has no bearing.

As a fan of the Arrowverse, I want to like and have Titans be good and successful.

IMO - this is definitely a Titans origin story.

My predictions would be:
1. Dick and Bruce have had a falling out causing Dick to move on. In this case, move to Bloodhaven, join the police force, and quit the vigilante life.
2. Troubled youth (Raven) reaches out to Dick to help her. Dick takes on a Gordon / Bruce role to Raven.
3. Frustrated with the system, Dick pulls out the Robin suit to get answers surrounding Raven’s issues and other forces in Bloodhaven.
4. “F Batman” - Robin has always been in Batman’s shadow and criminal don’t take him seriously. And he could be pissed at the bat.
5. Strange happenings in Bloodhaven (Starfire and Robin sightings) attract attention of Doom Patrol (Beast Boy) and Dove / Hawk.
6. I think the Focus of season one will be Dick (Transitioning from Robin to Nightwing and leader of the Titans) and Raven.

Yay! Another DC tragedy. How can they NOT get a character they’ve been doing for 78 years?!? That is not robin nor is it nightwing, I guess I could be okay if it was post crazy return Jason Todd, at least that would make a little sense.

I don’t think I’ve ever actually cringed at a trailer. This just changed that.
If you told me this was a student fan film I would 100% believe it. Actually, no I wouldn’t, I don’t think they’d do it this wrong.

My hope is, that's not how Robin ACTUALLY acts. Maybe, since Raven can't control her powers, she's causing a dark, evil influence over Robin, causing the extreme violence & some of his true feelings about Batman to come out.

Once he sees how she affects him, that's the catalyst he needs to help her. Or, Doom Patrol/ Hawk & Dove know Robin, recognize there's a problem, & they step in to help them both.

My kids grew up watching the Teen Titans show on Saturday nights. We all watched as a family, so I'm holding out hope that this isn't as bad as it looks.

That was terrible. I love the Teen Titans, but that was crap. I just gave up on the CW entirely and dropped every DC show and was figuring this would just be another one of those drama-over-plot crap-fests, but no, this is even worse. There is absolutely nothing in that trailer that I want to subject myself to.

It is interesting that both new On Demand / Netflix style options both released Trailers / Announcements about the flagship programming that will be able at launch.

DC - Risky new look at the Teen “Titans”.

Disney - Continuation of “The Clone Wars” using the same style and story line that fans loved and were sad to see go with the Disney purchase.

When I first seen the Robin costume pictures that were released, I thought that it was cool looking. - Hoping that they have something good cooking up for this new show.

Then the trailer dropped...and I can't say that I'm as fired up about the show anymore. I'll probably watch the first episode still before making any final judgements.

But, **** Batman...Really?? Can't help but do the eye roll and cringe a little.

I don't want to see Titans, I want to see New Teen Titans, the 80s comic from Wolfman/Perez. I have no interest in hooker Starfire and grumpy Robin, I want the original NTT team, as teenagers, following comic-accurate storylines.

I agree. If you want to do Titans right go back to those Wolfman/Perez comics. That's what true Titans is. Everything else after is crap.

However, on that note, it was a fairly gritty comic for it's time. I remember it being one of the first main stream comics with curse words in it regularly. Mostly just "damn" but that was pretty edgy for comics back then.

Anyone watching this? It actually hasn't been half bad... it's been fairly faithful to the Robin/Nightwing story lines in the comics.

Though I'm still not sure why DC still seems to equate 'realism' with having these characters kill. It's the antithesis of what most of these characters believe or stand for and in no way no how would any of the police forces in these stories condone killing. Vigilantism maybe, murder, probably not.

I started watching this, mostly with my gf. Have no knowledge of teen titans, etc. Trailers looked cringey af, but surprisingly, this show is not bad.

Yeah it's on Netflix up here in Canada so no additional pay service required....

For the most part I actually enjoyed it. A lot of it it fairly faithful to the back stories of the characters though Dick is a bit more angsty than I remember him to be.

My main gripe as I stated before s that DC seems to really miss the boat when it comes to trying to be 'gritty' or 'realistic'. Violence for the sake of violence doesn't make it more real or more dramatic, especially if it's not in keeping with the source material.

Deadpool or Punisher can get away with the gratuitous violence because it *is* in keeping with the character.

But having the Titians kill or let villains die is just sloppy writing imo and doesn't add to any 'inner conflict' that the characters may be having.

Just like Superman killing Zod or Pa Kent expecting Clark to stand by while others die to protect himself, it's just jarring from everything we know and love about these characters.

What's also really odd about this in Titans is that it's a plot point in the series that 'Batman doesn't kill. period.' But it's ok for everyone else to?

I've been watching this on HBOmax for the past couple of weeks. I'm up to the last couple of episodes of the first season. I think this show is really good!! This guy playing Robin is perfect casting. Even Jason Todd was right on the money. Not too sure about the Hawk and Dove stuff as it doesn't really seem to tie in to the rest of it (at least not yet). I will admit that way back when the trailer came out I couldn't deal with the Starfire girl, but after what I've seen it seems to work. She's not the take or Kori I would've expected, but it's not in any way cringeworthy.

IMO this is some of the best DC stuff I've seen. I did notice it is a Berlanti production but it doesn't seem to have any of that SJW crap that his CW shows have. I'm really liking what I am seeing so far.

I know I'm really late to the party on this show, but I just finished the first season. Holy smokes, that finale was incredible!!!! That had some of the best Batman stuff I've ever seen!! Although it all ended up being a hallucination, that is the Batman movie I want to see!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back