D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

Tonight's episode was awesome!

Oh dear sweet merciful Zeus, THE REFERENCES!!!

You left out one of my personal favorites. Barry learning to pass through stuff. One of the few bits I remember from the old show was when John Wesley Shipp vibrated through a brick wall to get inside a building. And Wells specifically told him to find a wall, although he didn't use one. I'm not sure a tanker truck is the best choice to shake off a bomb, luckily it wasn't too big.

You left out one of my personal favorites. Barry learning to pass through stuff. One of the few bits I remember from the old show was when John Wesley Shipp vibrated through a brick wall to get inside a building. And Wells specifically told him to find a wall, although he didn't use one. I'm not sure a tanker truck is the best choice to shake off a bomb, luckily it wasn't too big.

Well, that was less of a reference and more of an exploration of Flash's capabilities. Besides, in the original show, Flash only went through a wall after being dosed with that goofy blue smoke drug. If you want to call it a reference, it's more of a reference to Justice League: Doom, where Mirror Master bolted a high explosive through Flash's wrist (an idea stolen from Batman's files on how to neutralize a member of the Justice League, btw) and set it to where he had to keep up speed or it would explode. He got rid of it by vibrating through an iceberg, leaving the bomb behind.

I was talking about all the direct references to the original show, such as Shipp's trench coat (very similar to what his portrayal of Barry Allen wore) and the obvious Star Wars references ("I am your father").

Big fan of this show. Long time Flash Fan. Is this Wells storyline something from the comics or a new show storyline. Cause I did not care for that part as it did not make a lot of sense. Eobard takes Wells form. Please explain the reasoning of that. To me it is weird because I look at Wells now and I have to realize he is not Wells his is a whole other human being inside Wells. That does not even sound right just writing it. Yeesh. Otherwise love everything about the show

I think by plugging himself into the real Wells like that, he committed the ultimate form of identity theft. His body at least outwardly, if not on a genetic level, has transformed into Wells, and I think he also absorbed his memories while still maintaining his own identity.

It seems almost like an outgrowth of the Firestorm Matrix technology where two people can inhabit the same form, but instead of merging the two beings together, one is killed and the other takes over their appearance and life.

Big fan of this show. Long time Flash Fan. Is this Wells storyline something from the comics or a new show storyline. Cause I did not care for that part as it did not make a lot of sense. Eobard takes Wells form. Please explain the reasoning of that. To me it is weird because I look at Wells now and I have to realize he is not Wells his is a whole other human being inside Wells. That does not even sound right just writing it. Yeesh. Otherwise love everything about the show

It's new to the show. My guess is that they wanted to misdirect viewers familiar with the comics so they created an ancestor in Eddie as a red herring. The whole assuming Wells' identity bit is probably a patch to make the real Eobard more believable as a descendant of Eddie's and bring him visually more in line with the comics. It also works a little better for Eobard to assume Wells' identity as far as creating the particle accelerator and have an existing history than to just create a new identity out of thin air.

I'm curious if they'll have Eobard revert to his true appearance at some point. Nothing against Tom, but I hope they do. Upcoming previews with the super crossover looks awesome, can't wait.

It's new to the show. My guess is that they wanted to misdirect viewers familiar with the comics so they created an ancestor in Eddie as a red herring. The whole assuming Wells' identity bit is probably a patch to make the real Eobard more believable as a descendant of Eddie's and bring him visually more in line with the comics. It also works a little better for Eobard to assume Wells' identity as far as creating the particle accelerator and have an existing history than to just create a new identity out of thin air.

I'm curious if they'll have Eobard revert to his true appearance at some point. Nothing against Tom, but I hope they do. Upcoming previews with the super crossover looks awesome, can't wait.

Thank You very much for answering my question. You explained it so well I can't thank you enough. I really enjoy this show and did not want to be confused and you cleared it all up for me.
Thank you again and yes the team up looks fantastic.

As someone who generally is not a fan of CW shows, I've liked this show a lot. But this episode was completely amazing on a lot of levels. Just the single fact that they got Mark Hamill to reprise the Trickster role, and fit in the history and old costume and all, as well as throw in the obvious but also soo awesome "I am your father" is way too awesome. And all that aside, the opening with the speedster brawl in Barrys house was so awesome right off the bat.

Seriously, at this point though, Mark Hamill might be the coolest person whos ever existed hah

As someone who generally is not a fan of CW shows, I've liked this show a lot. But this episode was completely amazing on a lot of levels. Just the single fact that they got Mark Hamill to reprise the Trickster role, and fit in the history and old costume and all, as well as throw in the obvious but also soo awesome "I am your father" is way too awesome. And all that aside, the opening with the speedster brawl in Barrys house was so awesome right off the bat.

Seriously, at this point though, Mark Hamill might be the coolest person whos ever existed hah

I'm sure they didn't have to twist his arm, Mark is a really nice guy, I'm sure he jumped at the chance and I wouldn't be surprised if he came up with the "father" line himself, that sounds like something he'd do.

oh yea, I'm sure he would jump at the chance. the fect that it happened made me laugh so ******** much though. very trickster, but even more so, very very much Joker. hes a mad mad genius

I wonder if when Eobard absorbed Wells. He absorbed ALL of Wells. Including his goodness
There seems to be this very positive theme of redemption throughout the show
I wonder if Eobard will be overpowered by Wells goodness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back