Cyberpunk city diorama

I wouldn't and couldn't drive in anything that resembles a cube or rectangle; no matter how green, cheap or efficient they would turn out. The only thing in that shape I would want to be caught dead in is a coffin.
If I were to buy a car (if I had a drivers license for that matter), it would have to be something stylish/sportive, like a Honda Civic or a Porsche; low, wide, and a spoiler.
IMG_0428.jpeg

Or a tow truck...
IMG_0426.jpeg

Last edited:
Wondered how to make it but finally started.

Using two 1.5 liter Pepsi PET bottles and 500 cc club soda PET bottles.

h5oNZ3U.jpg

They are tough enough and light but hard to craft.

9fTDD44.jpg

Attached 10-inch LCD unit of a photo stand.

0c3PDVQ.jpg

The first primer on.

ecGyInm.jpg

I will attach a dummy LCD on the other side and add some detailing and wiring for lighting.

Thanks for looking.

katsu

Great idea for the blimp!
Thank you, Analyzer-san.
One of the hard things was to drink up and empty those Pepsi bottles. It took a week. :lol: I usually have Coca Cola but Pepsi was not bad.
Interesting indeed Katsu-san(y)(y)
Thank you, joberg-san.
I thought PET was not an appropriate material for the model building but now I feel that you could use it on certain occasions.

Looking good already.

Thank you, Carlb-san!

By the way, I guess you know it but the best Coca-Cola in the whole world is bottled in Mexico. Because Mexican cola uses only cane sugar while other countries use fructose corn syrup glucose and a bit of sugar.

We used to be able to enjoy such delicious cola, but those days will never come again.

Thanks for looking!
katsu

Thank you very much for the kind comments, my friends.:notworthy::notworthy:

Today, I have been to the Shin-sho-ji temple of Narita City. It is one of Japan's biggest temples; hundreds of thousands of people visit here every year. On the day it happened to be a day of Mame Maki. Many famous Japanese celebrities like Kabuki actors or movie actors/actresses come here and cast beans away to the audience wishing them happiness and prosperity. There were big crowds there waiting for celebs to perform mame-maki.
We only are there to wish for the soonest recovery and express condolence to the people who suffered that disaster. And also wish all the best for my good friends always supporting me from the other side of this planet.

1706932481567.png

Disasters all over the place.
Just found out yesterday, at the Boise, Idaho airport, a new hanger was being built....and totally collapsed, killing three people.
In this era of technology, those sad accidents still happen. unless a heavy wind or any other unexpected phenomena caused it,
it is always caused by the requirement of business benefit and sadly, it is always predictable.
Here in Japan, we see it every day.

This figure is in the YouTube video put up 6 months ago. This map was made by an American professor Robert Geller. It is called a fact check and was introduced by Professor Kunihiko Takeda.

1707274123906.jpeg

This earthquake-estimating hazard map was released in 2010 by the Japanese Meteorological Agency of the Japanese government. The red area is estimated to have a high possibility of a big earthquake happening in the next 30 years.
Professor Geller checked the point that a big earthquake had happened by 2016 and placed the points on the map. All the big earthquakes have happened outside the red area. And I added the earthquake this time with a blue arrow. Missed again.

1707274790616.png

Prof, Takeda says that the probability of all those earthquakes missing the estimated area is 1/5million. Please note that the land area of Japan is 1/2 the size of Texas.
Is there still any value in this map? The reality is the red area is a high-density population and also a high-class taxpayer. Worth throwing a substantial budget into it. That's good. But what about the people living in the yellow area? Maybe they feel easy because thankfully they are in a low-probability area. And for the local government in the yellow area, there is no reason to expense the budget for the counter-earthquake measure for their infrastructure. Oh, also, our government is planning to add some nuclear power plants in the seaside red area. Just what are they thinking?

Attachments

• 1707272930760.png
    1707272930760.png
    157.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 1707273794354.jpeg
    1707273794354.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 12

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back