Cyberpunk city diorama

IMG_20240221_081512.jpg

IMG_20240221_081456.jpg

IMG_20240221_081252.jpg

Thank you for watching.

katsu

The ads and city remind me the start from Metal Gear Solid 4.
So when you first start the game, which came out on PS3 in 2008, it starts playing one of these mock ads or game show. On he controller, you can change the channel to show different ones.
So back then, if you wanted to watch them all, you would have to restart the game and get the that channel to watch through it. Lasted around two mins, then went into the actual game.
Basically, these feel like that have absolutely nothing to do with the game, but technically, its a subtle way of advertising the bosses and some of the other Metal Gear Solid games, just done in a very odd way, but also very mich how Hideo Kojima does stuff.
Anyways, watching all these again, I think they would fit right along with this city playing on any of the screens perfectly well. If it was a real city and those were real ads for something.

I played MGS4 once ago. Those ads you informed me about were not featured in the Japanese version due to the designated ratings. I guess it was a special promotion for the USA version. The ads are fascinating. US media is very good at those. I remember the impressive ad insertion scenes in the RoboCop series. I love MSG3 and that was my all-time best of MSG series. Recently, there's a rumor that Konami will remake MGS3 Snake Eater. I'm looking forward to it.

The clip I put up in the blimp was mostly the TV CM of the 80s-90s

Can you believe it? That was a crazy but very exciting era. No political correctness. :lol:

I played MGS4 once ago. Those ads you informed me about were not featured in the Japanese version due to the designated ratings. I guess it was a special promotion for the USA version. The ads are fascinating. US media is very good at those. I remember the impressive ad insertion scenes in the RoboCop series. I love MSG3 and that was my all-time best of MSG series. Recently, there's a rumor that Konami will remake MGS3 Snake Eater. I'm looking forward to it.

The clip I put up in the blimp was mostly the TV CM of the 80s-90s

Can you believe it? That was a crazy but very exciting era. No political correctness. :lol:
Interesting that they didn't include all those in the Japanese version.
MGS3 is also my favorite. I've easily played it over 50 times, trying different things. European hard mode with no kills/no alerts is quite the challenge. I was able to do that once.
I've also played easy.mode killing as many as I could, ended up with like 1000 kills...lol.
So this remake is looking pretty interesting. Did you see the trailer to it yet?

Interesting that they didn't include all those in the Japanese version.
MGS3 is also my favorite. I've easily played it over 50 times, trying different things. European hard mode with no kills/no alerts is quite the challenge. I was able to do that once.
I've also played easy.mode killing as many as I could, ended up with like 1000 kills...lol.
So this remake is looking pretty interesting. Did you see the trailer to it yet?
Hey, here we found A hardcore gamer!

Talking about MSG3 reminds me of the things of those days. 2008-2009 was a very tough year for our family. My daughters were studying so hard under the pressure of the upcoming university entrance examination. For them, it was dark days. My wife and I were struggling to make substantial money for their examination fee, admittance fee, and tuition fee. In 2010, my daughters passed the examination, and we managed to prepare the necessary money.
The first thing my daughters wanted to do was play video games they prohibited themselves from doing. One warm Spring day, we all sat in front of the monitor and enjoyed the game MSG3. We all laughed and excited by the game. That was a long and happy day. Oh, and I also, back to the workbench of Tempest again.

Hey, here we found A hardcore gamer!

Talking about MSG3 reminds me of the things of those days. 2008-2009 was a very tough year for our family. My daughters were studying so hard under the pressure of the upcoming university entrance examination. For them, it was dark days. My wife and I were struggling to make substantial money for their examination fee, admittance fee, and tuition fee. In 2010, my daughters passed the examination, and we managed to prepare the necessary money.
The first thing my daughters wanted to do was play video games they prohibited themselves from doing. One warm Spring day, we all sat in front of the monitor and enjoyed the game MSG3. We all laughed and excited by the game. That was a long and happy day. Oh, and I also, back to the workbench of Tempest again.
Yeah, that was rough for me as well. Like that year, the economy crashed here. I was working with a city just outside of Orlando, FL. They wanted me to help on their planning team for events. But, at the start of summer, they needed camp counselors to to watch kids for two months, just during the day, so they said, do that, and afterwards, you are guaranteed the job. But it was during the two months, everything crashed, so when it was over, they had to lay off the event planners they had, and left me totally without a job. Took a whole year to find another one.

Even now, I lost my job last February and still haven't found one yet. But with some medical issues I'm working on, its been a real SLOW process.
So, between working on my health, and looking at least for a part time job....in the mean time, been building models and playing video games.
I'm actually playing through Final Fantasy Type-0 HD right now. Very different than the normal FF games.

Anyways, good news for now, medicaid, which is a government funded program, has accepted me, so I can continue to get the medical attention I'm needing. But, I can only make so much per month, so part time is the best option, which, might work out anyways, its just finding the job that will work with me for it.
When they say, life isn't easy, they weren't kidding....
Like we all got though 2008, I'm sure I'll get through this as well...and glad you have all you guys to talk with on here. Sometimes thats just the motivation I need to help get through the day.

Yeah, that was rough for me as well. Like that year, the economy crashed here. I was working with a city just outside of Orlando, FL. They wanted me to help on their planning team for events. But, at the start of summer, they needed camp counselors to to watch kids for two months, just during the day, so they said, do that, and afterwards, you are guaranteed the job. But it was during the two months, everything crashed, so when it was over, they had to lay off the event planners they had, and left me totally without a job. Took a whole year to find another one.

Even now, I lost my job last February and still haven't found one yet. But with some medical issues I'm working on, its been a real SLOW process.
So, between working on my health, and looking at least for a part time job....in the mean time, been building models and playing video games.
I'm actually playing through Final Fantasy Type-0 HD right now. Very different than the normal FF games.

Anyways, good news for now, medicaid, which is a government funded program, has accepted me, so I can continue to get the medical attention I'm needing. But, I can only make so much per month, so part time is the best option, which, might work out anyways, its just finding the job that will work with me for it.
When they say, life isn't easy, they weren't kidding....
Like we all got though 2008, I'm sure I'll get through this as well...and glad you have all you guys to talk with on here. Sometimes thats just the motivation I need to help get through the day.

That economic crash troubled many of us right in the middle of the decision point. Some failed, some got over it. All we could do was just do whatever we could do and believe that we were doing the right thing. Michael-san, you are young and talented and have the guts to carry on. There may be another tough time that will come again for you and even myself is no exception. But you can make it. Many good people or social systems provide helping hands to the struggling good people all the time.

Yes, please have faith (in your abilities) in life.
Things have a way of working out after all.

Metal Gear Solid 1 for playstation 1 was my all-time favorite together with Tenchu:Stealth Assassin 1.
Looked and played incredible for its time with simple graphics. And the stories they came up with are compelling even today

Wondered how to make it but finally started.

Using two 1.5 liter Pepsi PET bottles and 500 cc club soda PET bottles.

View attachment 1783609

They are tough enough and light but hard to craft.

View attachment 1783610

Attached 10-inch LCD unit of a photo stand.

View attachment 1783611

The first primer on.

View attachment 1783612

I will attach a dummy LCD on the other side and add some detailing and wiring for lighting.

Thanks for looking.

katsu
Really interesting use of the corrugated plastic bits for the detail. I like it!

Yes indeeed, ladies and Germans:
The top dog…
IMG_1195.jpeg

…the coolcat…
IMG_1196.jpeg

…Happy (belated) Birthday to you, Katsu-san !
IMG_1197.jpeg

And many more in good health and happiness for you and your loved ones.
I’m glad you had a good time with your family

Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by GoStijn

YAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
I probably already mentioned this in the past, but who remembers.....But my Mom turns 73 on the 29th.
I would be older, but parents waited 8 years to have me after they married....only peaceful 8 years they surely ever got....lol.
Hope you've had a great Birthday.
Wish we could all be there....to maybe perhaps smash some cake in the face.....I mean wish a Happy Birthday in person.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back