Cyberpunk city diorama

Tried to build a windshield.

zO53ej2.jpg

XJPoEJk.jpg

aiYw5TZ.jpg

gyOmyrz.jpg

Yesterday, I heard the sudden sound that something hit the window. Surprisingly a bird hit the window and looked unconscious on the wooden deck. I picked up but didn't make any move. I took a snapshot of it and texted it to my family line.
The first quick reply was from my daughter Yuki.
'Are you gonna eat it?'
:mad:Of course, not. What does she think I am?
I already bought the pounds of chicken last Sunday.

So I warmed up this little bird in my hands for a while and I felt its heart start beating. Then it chirped. I slowly put it on the deck and it flew away soon. I don't know its name but it was lucky that it wasn't eaten by the cat anyway.

lnFNlkS.jpg

Does anyone know its name?

katsu

Earthquake....yikes, glad you guys, and models, are all ok. I've only been in a light one 3 years ago. I thought my roommate, a big guy who lived here at the time, was stomping through the house mad or something.
He had a few small security cameras in the house. Played it back and you could see hanging lights swinging back and forth.
But the cool thing was playing in on my computer and turning both subwoofers up real loud. You could hear a very deep bassy grinding type sound. Very weird.

Tried to build a windshield.

zO53ej2.jpg

XJPoEJk.jpg

aiYw5TZ.jpg

gyOmyrz.jpg

Yesterday, I heard the sudden sound that something hit the window. Surprisingly a bird hit the window and looked unconscious on the wooden deck. I picked up but didn't make any move. I took a snapshot of it and texted it to my family line.
The first quick reply was from my daughter Yuki.
'Are you gonna eat it?'
:mad:Of course, not. What does she think I am?
I already bought the pounds of chicken last Sunday.

So I warmed up this little bird in my hands for a while and I felt its heart start beating. Then it chirped. I slowly put it on the deck and it flew away soon. I don't know its name but it was lucky that it wasn't eaten by the cat anyway.

lnFNlkS.jpg

Does anyone know its name?

katsu

That car wind shield turned out really nice. It is hard to get clear plastic formed like that, but you did a great job

It is funny that your daughter's first question was whether you were going to eat it :lol:

I have a friend who is very into bird watching, I'll run it by him to see if he can identify it

Earthquake....yikes, glad you guys, and models, are all ok. I've only been in a light one 3 years ago. I thought my roommate, a big guy who lived here at the time, was stomping through the house mad or something.
He had a few small security cameras in the house. Played it back and you could see hanging lights swinging back and forth.
But the cool thing was playing in on my computer and turning both subwoofers up real loud. You could hear a very deep bassy grinding type sound. Very weird.
Thanks, Michael-san!

A quake more than class 5 is rare even in Japan. That was a combination of horizontal and vertical shakes. Made the water in the swimming pool wave like an ocean and overflew. Before 5 seconds, the emergency alert rang through our cell phone. Just before the alert, my wife said she surely heard the bassy grinding roaring sound from deep beneath the ground. We had been woken up in the early morning and checked around inside of our house but nothing was damaged. The train stopped operating for 30 minutes. Earthquakes are happening here twice or thirds every month. Almost class 3 or 4. You get used to it. Nowadays, most buildings and structures are able to endure almost class 6 or 7 in this trembling country. All the Gas/kerosine stoves will shut down automatically. All you should be afraid of is Tunami if you are living by the sea. That's why we stay cool.

That car wind shield turned out really nice. It is hard to get clear plastic formed like that, but you did a great job

It is funny that your daughter's first question was whether you were going to eat it :lol:

I have a friend who is very into bird watching, I'll run it by him to see if he can identify it

Thanks!
My daughter knows well about my insatiable curiosity about food and my passion for gastronomy.:unsure:
If your friend could identify it so that I can find the optimal recipe!;)

KoN1pD2.jpg

jejiJje.jpg

6kwY3hl.jpg

S8z9gqy.jpg

UlxLYqV.jpg

I will have to build seats, instrument panels, linings, side mirrors...etc. Also, I'm thinking of making those lights light if possible. Huum.

Thanks, Michael-san!

A quake more than class 5 is rare even in Japan. That was a combination of horizontal and vertical shakes. Made the water in the swimming pool wave like an ocean and overflew. Before 5 seconds, the emergency alert rang through our cell phone. Just before the alert, my wife said she surely heard the bassy grinding roaring sound from deep beneath the ground. We had been woken up in the early morning and checked around inside of our house but nothing was damaged. The train stopped operating for 30 minutes. Earthquakes are happening here twice or thirds every month. Almost class 3 or 4. You get used to it. Nowadays, most buildings and structures are able to endure almost class 6 or 7 in this trembling country. All the Gas/kerosine stoves will shut down automatically. All you should be afraid of is Tunami if you are living by the sea. That's why we stay cool.

Thanks!
My daughter knows well about my insatiable curiosity about food and my passion for gastronomy.:unsure:

KoN1pD2.jpg

jejiJje.jpg

6kwY3hl.jpg

S8z9gqy.jpg

UlxLYqV.jpg

I will have to build seats, instrument panels, linings, side mirrors...etc. Also, I'm thinking of making those lights light if possible. Huum.
Yeah, those Tunami's can be pretty bad.
I remeber that one that hit Indonesia December of 2004. Just read that almost 229,000 people were killed in that.
Wow, I didn't remember how many died. That is pretty crazy.

Anyways, as for the car you've made. Looks outstanding.

Well, I checked and unfortunately he could not identify it beyond saying this

"I can without a doubt say that it is a bird." :lol:

Oh well, I am sure it would have tasted like chicken anyway

Regarding the car, those headlights are a great idea!

My daughter is actually making a toy car for her one engineering class and she wanted to add headlights with some LEDs. Something like that would be perfect. Thanks for the idea!

Yeah, those Tunami's can be pretty bad.
I remeber that one that hit Indonesia December of 2004. Just read that almost 229,000 people were killed in that.
Wow, I didn't remember how many died. That is pretty crazy.

Anyways, as for the car you've made. Looks outstanding.
That was so bad. It might not be expected that the scale of the tsunami actually hit them. The tsunami we had 12 years ago killed 22,215 people. And Fukushima. Recently, I found that the original name of the land of the nuclear power site was 'Nami-Kura' Nami means wave, and kura means cliff. So, it means 'the cliff carved by big waves'. A few hundred years ago, when the tsunami hit this place, people named this place 'Namikura' not to forget the disaster. Later, the name has been changed by the land developer to be a good sound for the new people to come to live here. What an irony. Those things can be found in many places here in Japan. Especially, the land name by the rivers or mountains. Some names were used by a name that meant warning. They were changed to modern names by the land developers without knowing why and people began to live there and are suffering from the sudden disaster which was foreseen by the old people.

Whoops, a long talk of an old man is another disaster. :notworthy: :notworthy:
The headlights look great in your car. It would be awesome to see if you can get them to light up. :cool:(y)(y)

I thank you for your constant support, stevie-san!

Well, I checked and unfortunately he could not identify it beyond saying this

"I can without a doubt say that it is a bird." :lol:

Oh well, I am sure it would have tasted like chicken anyway

Regarding the car, those headlights are a great idea!

My daughter is actually making a toy car for her one engineering class and she wanted to add headlights with some LEDs. Something like that would be perfect. Thanks for the idea!
Thanks for the info, and your friend is a very honest man. And that pic was not from a good angle for identification.

1685584999210.png
1685585038457.png

I checked the web encyclopedia and I guess it is White-cheeked-Starling or Grey Starling. Japanese name, Muku-dori.

And wow, the angel is making a toy car in an engineering class?! It is fantastic! She wants to be a chief mechanic of the racing team or a designer of GM?! So, if my little work could help her a bit, I'm so happy.
That was a plastic box I bought in a one-coin shop. I just cut it up.

Today, I found some LEDs with registers I bought many years ago in my junk box. Natural white light and red light. Resistors are each 3.5v-5v, 5v-9v, and 9v to 14v. The bunch of using 3.5v-5v was too bright.

M7DoRyp.jpg

Soldering a resister to a positive side of the LED wire. Oh, I began to remember.

w7COgm0.jpg

The bunch of 3.5v-5v was a bit too bright.

P1T5w7Y.jpg

The bunch of using 5v-9v was appropriate brightness.

nkcKvXR.jpg

fONRfyB.jpg

qp1NmPi.jpg

I am thinking about a way of giving it power like the style of that old-time slot racing. It's another time later.

Thanks for looking!

katsu

Attachments

• nkcKvXR.jpg
    nkcKvXR.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20230601_100601.jpg
    IMG_20230601_100601.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
The car is going to be fantastic Katsu-san:cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy:

Katsu-san, please stay safe during the typhoon. I pray that all of you may be well

mystery solved regarding the bird!

Lighting looks perfect for the car

Thank you, my friends!

Typhoon #2 will pass far from the southern shore and may be a tropical storm in a few days. Hoping your kind praying and goodwill work. We are having record-breaking heavy rain now.
Heck! We have no fear of heavy rain, we fear strong winds here. (y)

1685661186501.png

1685661208936.png

Starting the paint job.
Whatever my paint scheme, spraying white anyway.
Maybe two or three coats.

Peel off the panel line.

VZFx3iu.jpg

NEar29j.jpg

You see, it is a very humid country, especially after the long rain.
It may take a whole day to wait for the 3 coats of paint job to dry.

While I am waiting, I started to build the interior.

I am using a 5 mm styrene board.

gDX9Vvm.jpg

Test fitting. Almost OK.

EoGv5sZ.jpg

I6lCXXM.jpg

So far, this is it.

Some other day before, Analyzer-san showed us some pics of the dangerous place in Philadelphia. That was a very shocking sight and made me think.
After the covid, The travel restriction has been released and so many foreigners are now visiting Japan. The interview those travelers often describe Japan as a very clean and safe place for visiting. I'm not going to deny it. But no city is perfect. Here are videos I found recently showing the places in San-ya Tokyo and in Nishi-nari-district, Osaka prefecture. that we are still ashamed of.
Osaka was the location once filmed in the movie 'Black Rain', maybe some of you might watch it.

These places are getting a bit better than they used to be but...

Thanks for watching and any of your comments and questions will be welcome.

katsu

The car interior look very stylish and luxurious!

I see a lot of similarities in that video, especially with the people living under the highway overpass. I think unfortunately wherever people travel to there will always be a part of town you want to avoid to stay safe

The car interior look very stylish and luxurious!

I see a lot of similarities in that video, especially with the people living under the highway overpass. I think unfortunately wherever people travel to there will always be a part of town you want to avoid to stay safe
Thanks for the pleasant comment.
And you are right. Avoid dangerous places. That is the best way of self-defense.

How is the paint drying on the car body? Hope it is leveling for you.

Thank you, stevie-san, Actually, I'm struggling to get the right color mixture that I want. That's a pale metallic blue. While doing so, some paint ran out. And also, my airbrush is not good at spraying pale colors evenly on a wide area. So, I think I'm going to an auto shop and see some car spray this weekend. Ahh, the paint job is one of my weak points.

A white coating was fairly dried.
1686096471314.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back