Customized Classic Trek Movie Phaser

Captain Dunsel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’ve been knocking around this project for a few weeks. This is a custom Classic Trek movie Phaser II pistol. I decided to combine elements that I’ve liked from all the pistol phasers out there...you will see elements from the Brad Nelson Phaser, the Assault Phaser, the TOS Phaser, and the Search For Spock phaser in this build.

This is where I’m at, so far...

028DA733-CE38-434B-8ADC-C857F031751C.jpeg

I’m mulling over ideas for the Phaser One. I’m considering adding design elements from the TMP phaser to that part of the build.

Last edited:
Not a trekkie...

So the 'difference' dont jump out at me.. (or anything non-canon)

but the phase (holder?) part itself came out GREAT!.. very clean!

If I had to make a gripe about anything.. it would be the 'texture' on the handle. (just doesnt seem right.. or doesnt fit or something)..

but thats just personal preference stuff!!

Not a trekkie...

So the 'difference' dont jump out at me.. (or anything non-canon)

but the phase (holder?) part itself came out GREAT!.. very clean!

If I had to make a gripe about anything.. it would be the 'texture' on the handle. (just doesnt seem right.. or doesnt fit or something)..

but thats just personal preference stuff!!

Good input.

Yeah I go back and forth on the rubberized handle.

One of the gripes often heard about the Trek III phaser is its slippery handle.

I like the textured grip! I wonder how it would look if the textured area were the same color as the rest of the phaser, but still textured?

Maybe the stark contrast and sharp line where the black grip meets the body is what's bothering the eye.

Still, I think it looks cool.

Can't wait to see more!

Edit: Did you use softer and/or setter on the decals? Sometimes that helps the clear background blend in a bit better...

It looks cool, I like it.
I never did like the handle on the Trek 3 phaser, I wonder what it would look like with a TOS type handle.

I thought about using a TOS phaser handle, the problem is, the handle transition area / trigger box is substantially thicker on the Trek III phaser than the much thinner area of the TOS phaser and would likely look really wonky as a result.

2860CE1B-9878-4CC0-93BC-1019603EDED0.jpeg

4154C3A1-AE5B-4EFB-AB25-7360146BDD52.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been knocking around this project for a few weeks. This is a custom Classic Trek movie Phaser II pistol. I decided to combine elements that I’ve liked from all the pistol phasers out there...you will see the Brad Nelson Phaser, the Assault Phaser, the TOS Phaser, and the Search For Spock phaser in this build.

This is where I’m at, so far...

View attachment 1278214

I’m mulling over ideas for the Phaser One. I’m considering adding design elements from the TMP phaser to that element.
WANT

Nice job Alley. That looks amazing. I love the ST3 phaser; the trigger, grip texture, the Starfleet security logo at the bottom. Fantastic. It'll be nice to see the P1 finished.

Last edited:
You still working on this phaser? I know we've all got more important things to deal with, but...just thought I'd ask how it's coming along.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back