CUSTOM DESIGN Bounty Hunter/Desert Dweller costume

I've done a bit of a redesign of the soft parts (will have some updated pics soon) but one of the things that I changed was the long trench coat/robe that it was based on. I cut the floor length skirting off it and repurposed it elsewhere in the costume, but i kept the top half of the coat and added a collar, some greeblies and bits and bobs and recreated it as a sci fi pilot jacket:

aeoiXJo.jpg

so glad this got bumped, don't know how I missed it before. Such an awesome original build that taps into some of my favorite background stuff! Is the original look still achievable with this new jacket as just a variation?

so glad this got bumped, don't know how I missed it before. Such an awesome original build that taps into some of my favorite background stuff! Is the original look still achievable with this new jacket as just a variation?
yes! in fact, i mashed it up with some of my Rey stuff and came up with this:

62ybiqq.jpg

oX1dfCa.jpg

AAAAND.... I couldn't stop adding things to the coat by itself, so now it looks like this:

F5w8doy.jpg

QrK1Dyc.jpg

Just found this thread, two sets of amazing work!! Luv the helmet build and you beat me to the magnet holding the hood idea in place lol (was thinking the same).

Here's a look at some of the changes I've made to the soft parts configuration. After cutting up the robe and making that sweet pilot jacket, here's what i came up with for the bounty hunter side of it. I don't have the helmet on in these pics (since I will occasionally wear this costume BUCKET OFF I thought I should see what it looks like)

VPTzzbP.jpg

5x2rOAD.jpg

i9LpSG8.jpg

The new black tunic is made from excess Kylo Ren fabric, and will be extensively frayed and weathered when I'm done so i don't have so much solid black in the middle of everything, and the chest plate is missing because it's currently being repainted with Alumaluster along with my new gauntlets... so more updates soon.

I also popped the backpack on, but forgot to take a pic of the back, so in the next update I'll show off all of that plus try it all on with the helmet. :)

It looks like you’ve got some great surplus gear at your disposal, but I’m curious what the pouches on your belt and bandolier are. They’re sleeker than most milsurp stuff I’ve seen.

It looks like you’ve got some great surplus gear at your disposal, but I’m curious what the pouches on your belt and bandolier are. They’re sleeker than most milsurp stuff I’ve seen.
they are for M1 Carbine 15 round magazines. I found a belt at a gun show that had ten of these on them and I decided to use them because they are less bulky than most of the surplus stuff out there and I was concerned I'd look too big in the middle with a swedish mauser bandoleer, for example. Plus these each slide onto a belt individually, so i can configure how I like.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back