CUSTOM DESIGN Bounty Hunter/Desert Dweller costume

kristen jones

Master Member
Let's all play a game:
Try to name as many parts as you can from the outfit, whether it be a found real-world part, or a bit from another star Wars character's costume, and see how many you all can get right :)

ID10T

Sr Member
Well, i looks like a scope mount on your left wrist in the last photo, with the bolt-action pellet gun... No idea which one however.

Psab keel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I can't wait to see what you build next. BTW I saw your costume featured on Raven Armory's Facebook page. Congratulations Kristen. Your work really deserves all the attention it gets. I'm so, so impressed.

I know the reddish tan fabric is Dharma Trading Heavy handwoven fabric dyed and weathered.

kristen jones

Master Member
I can't wait to see what you build next. BTW I saw your costume featured on Raven Armory's Facebook page. Congratulations Kristen. Your work really deserves all the attention it gets. I'm so, so impressed.

I know the reddish tan fabric is Dharma Trading Heavy handwoven fabric dyed and weathered.
Spot on!
It's a heavier version of the fabric used for Rey's Scavenger headwrap, and honestly I think it's odd that more Jawas don't use if for their robes. it is THE perfect desert dweller fabric :)
I believe Alex also put my predator costume in his book, but I've not yet seen a copy. I'm one of his students (Academy class of 2018) and have learned SO much from him!

Ridire Firean

Sr Member
JOB WELL DONE kristen jones !!!

This is one of those costumes you follow around all day thinking 'This has to be someone like Keri Russell pulling a Mark Hamill at a Con!' just hoping to grab a quick glimpse of them when they have to pop out of their helmet for a second to get a drink of water or wipe the sweat out of their eyes.

I love that they set up a panel for photo ops!

My only suggestion would be to add a little dirt/sand to the shawl so that it's more in line with the condition of the helmet.

I agree, @dave_filoni and @Jon_Favreau totally need to call you in for a cameo!

kristen jones

Master Member
JOB WELL DONE kristen jones !!!

This is one of those costumes you follow around all day thinking 'This has to be someone like Keri Russell pulling a Mark Hamill at a Con!' just hoping to grab a quick glimpse of them when they have to pop out of their helmet for a second to get a drink of water or wipe the sweat out of their eyes.

I love that they set up a panel for photo ops!

My only suggestion would be to add a little dirt/sand to the shawl so that it's more in line with the condition of the helmet.

I agree, @dave_filoni and @Jon_Favreau totally need to call you in for a cameo!
there's a good bit on the bottom fringe of it, but none around the face opening. I shall have to add some :)

kristen jones

Master Member
These new convention pictures are AWESOME! Being able to photograph you're amazing work against a nice backdrop like that is really beautiful!
Definitely! it's one of the benefits of being part of the Legion... there are usually good backdrops at cons for the public to pose with the legion members

PoopaPapaPalps

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I love the colors of this a lot. I like that you didn't just darken the hell out of them; they're still vibrant and pop. The brightness of the red just pops on top of all the dark earth tones that you have. Your sidearm is particularly great!

kristen jones

Master Member
I love the colors of this a lot. I like that you didn't just darken the hell out of them; they're still vibrant and pop. The brightness of the red just pops on top of all the dark earth tones that you have. Your sidearm is particularly great!
Thank you! The red was a design element that i'd decided on early, and for the same reason: it pops. it stands out from a desert backdrop in a good way.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.