Currency of the 'Verse...

Anyone notice in the Visual Companion, on the page opposite the 500 bill, next to the picture of Serenity, the Alliance logo with 10,00 written on each side of it? Money wrapper?

And Angelus, could the bills be bigger than 7" x 3.5"? Maybe the pics in the Companion are 1:1 scale.

I'm grateful for the bill images, but my printer prints one of the images off about an eighth of an inch when I'm trying to double side them. Is there a way to correct this, or can someone do a run of the bills (maybe 5-10) of each and work them cheap, sort of like the way the Joker cards were handled in the Free Papaer Props thread?

What program are you printing them from? There should be a way to tell the printer to print the image centered.

Warning: there will almost always be a slight misalignment when printing on both sides. Consumer printers just aren't that precise with the paper loading.

Guys. Sorry to have dropped the ball on hosting those pics. Thanks to Pilot for taking up the slack. I got sucked out of town again at the last minute, and just didn't have time to attend to the stuff.

Originally posted by Treadwell@Dec 12 2005, 02:44 PM
What program are you printing them from? There should be a way to tell the printer to print the image centered.

Warning: there will almost always be a slight misalignment when printing on both sides. Consumer printers just aren't that precise with the paper loading.
[snapback]1134392[/snapback]​

Corel 11, I'm pretty sure.

Since consumer printers have the misalignment, what do you suggest? A Kinkos? Staples?

I'm grateful for the images and their clarity, just want them the best way possble.

Treadwell, thanks for the scans. Pilot, thanks for hosting the scans. And gnrlotto, you can do what I do, i.e. print one page at a time, making sure each page is pressed flush against the paper tray.

I've been checking some of the money props on eBay, specifically "official" props. Seems that there's a white border around the money.

Originally posted by MattMunson@Dec 12 2005, 02:13 PM
Guys. Sorry to have dropped the ball on hosting those pics. Thanks to Pilot for taking up the slack. I got sucked out of town again at the last minute, and just didn't have time to attend to the stuff.
[snapback]1134413[/snapback]​

I don't think anyone's *that* mad at ya, buddy. :) No sweat on the hosting, I have frickin' googlebytes of bandwidth to burn. Currently, I'm just shy of 6 gigs into my allowable 700 for the month.

It's no problem. :D

Yeah, I couldn't decide whether there's supposed to be a border or not. Trim to taste.

gnrlotto, I'm not familiar with Coreldraw's printing particulars. I doubt Kinko's or Staples would really be up to it, either. Might require old-fashioned printing.

blubeetle, I've been printing one at a time as well, but I guess with less luck. I guess it all comes down to the particular printer model.

Originally posted by Treadwell@Dec 12 2005, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I couldn't decide whether there's supposed to be a border or not. Trim to taste.

gnrlotto, I'm not familiar with Coreldraw's printing particulars. I doubt Kinko's or Staples would really be up to it, either. Might require old-fashioned printing.

blubeetle, I've been printing one at a time as well, but I guess with less luck. I guess it all comes down to the particular printer model.
[snapback]1134579[/snapback]​

There's a small white border that runs around the edge (maybe to correct errors in the studio's printers?). You can see it a lot, and there was even a recent auction on the bay (look for Serenity Prop) that had a high rez of the money, and the border's there too.

Originally posted by Treadwell@Dec 12 2005, 09:35 PM
[snapback]1134579[/snapback]​

I have an HP Deskjet 932C with the paper tray in the front of the printer. I load one piece of linen paper at a time, making sure it's as flush to the rightside wall as it can get. Then, I cross my fingers and hit print. :rolleyes

It helps that I laid out your scans on a page using CorelDraw 5.0. Made sure the images were centered on the page. When I flip the page to do the printing on the other side, as long as the paper loads properly, I'm not having a problem getting it to match up.

Has anyone determined the exact sizes of the bills yet?

I printed a bunch from my computer and they came out to 3.75 x 7.5 with out the border.

Originally posted by Boba Debt@Dec 15 2005, 08:28 PM
Has anyone determined the exact sizes of the bills yet?

I printed a bunch from my computer and they came out to 3.75 x 7.5 with out the border.
[snapback]1136917[/snapback]​

I've been printing them as the size they appear in the Visual Companion, so, that sounds about right.

I wasn't gonna fool with this, even though I'm a fan of the show. Then I was in Staples® yesterday & I saw a packet of that 24 lb. Linen paper. And since I have a nice color laser printer at work, I bought the paper & printed up 12K. It's looks GREAT.

In other news, I may end up having to purchase a Mal pistol now.

P.S. I'm Gorram rich.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back