Currency of the 'Verse...

SmilingOtter

Master Member
Most cool.

In the Serenity Visual Companion, they show a few of the bills. Unfortunately, they only show one side of each, but I'm sure someone creative could put together the other side.

As philippes posted in the ENVY thread (and confirmed when I asked), the bank notes are printed on mylar and are transparent ,so they only have one side.

Makes it easier to replicate. :lol

Yes it does.

IMGP7718.jpg

IMGP7721.jpg

IMGP7723.jpg

IMGP7725.jpg

Thanks for posting those Jason, they're shiny. ;)

Curious--it looks like they've changed the money a little bit--written denominations instead of numerical. Have to admit, they look a lot different that what I was thinking based on screencaps. :confused

Originally posted by Kris@Sep 22 2005, 08:43 AM
Where did you got the "paper" money ? Any files you care to share ? ;)
[snapback]1081493[/snapback]​

Yeah, had a bad turn back in Serenity valley and now I'm saving for a ship of my own...

:p

Awesome work.

Two questions -

1 - Anyone know what the phrases are in Hebrew, Chinese, and Arabic?

2 - Can you get mylar for home printers or is this something I'd have to go to Kinko's for?

I know you can buy special transparencies that can be run through an inkjet printer.

So, where's the green $120 bill? Eh?

- - -

That's some great detective work :)

-Mike

Originally posted by Angelus@Sep 22 2005, 10:07 AM

As I posted on my boards,  if I see these turn up for sale anywhere, I'm pulling the scans and  flooding ebay with $0.01 BINs.

:confused

Umm, you're not the only person who has a copy of the Visual Companion...

It's in wide distribution.

If any money turns up for sale, it'd be pretty hard to make the argument it's a direct result of your scans. :rolleyes

Russ

Here's the paper money I made after taking extremely high res scans of it out of the companion last week. :) I'm looking for an interesting paper to print it out on, as thats just plain old paper. You can also see my patch prototype in the background.

img09960dr.jpg

And DAMN Toothtech. Amazing research. Very cool.
Jon

Your local office supply store should have some 'specialty' papers.

I got a sample set from Southworth with different colors & little threads... Somewhat similar to US currency paper. I think they call it 'Granite'.

-Mike

Originally posted by Kylash327@Sep 22 2005, 12:43 PM
so is it supposed to be paper or transperencies? I honestly cant remember from the show.
[snapback]1081687[/snapback]​

The money above I believe is from the movie only. I don't think it's the same as the paper money from the show. And I haven't seen the movie since the first screening back in may, so I totally have no idea if you actually see the money in the film.

Originally posted by Darth Bill@Sep 22 2005, 03:32 PM

:confused
Umm, you're not the only person who has a copy of the Visual Companion...

It's in wide distribution.

If any money turns up for sale, it'd be pretty hard to make the argument it's a direct result of your scans.  :rolleyes
[snapback]1081640[/snapback]​

Well I don't mean just my scans, but anyone's scans. Somethinng like this should be free and REMAIN free. It really upsets me when people try to make a quick buck on ebay with free paper props. :angry

According the philippes, the notes used on the TV show were printed on thin mylar, transparent, and thus single-sided.

I've tried some printing tests with the overhead projector transparencies you can buy for inkjet printers. Pretty crappy---too transparent, too stiff for what's seen on screen, and (even worse) very smudgy. :angry

Kinko's didn't have the set-up to doo anything better. I talked to an "old school" print shop, and was quoted a price tag of $600+ with a minumum order of 1000 individual bills..... :confused

Originally posted by Sith Sheriff Brody@Sep 22 2005, 09:32 AM
So, where's the green $120 bill? Eh?
[snapback]1081639[/snapback]​

yes im also curious, and what is the difference between the movie currency and the currency from the show? i see from the envy thread picture that the bill only has the number in the corner where the movie ones have the number then the written amount beneath it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back