CTU Badges?

Okay, bit of a snag on the shields. Got an e-mail from the manufacture today needing verification for the "special agent" line of text on the badges. I will see what can be done to have the badges look realistic, but their may need to be a text line that clearly identifies the shield as fake so I don't get myself in trouble.

Any input for possible phrasing? A line about "prop identification" or "not real id" or just a clever rewording that sounds official but is odd enough to not be an issue?

I really think it should say something at least vaguely official. Jack's bio on the 24 web site says he was "Director of Field Operations" so how about "Field Operations" or "Field Director" or something like that?

MBM

Originally posted by mbmcfarland@Feb 21 2006, 07:53 AM
I really think it should say something at least vaguely official. Jack's bio on the 24 web site says he was "Director of Field Operations" so how about "Field Operations" or "Field Director" or something like that?

MBM
[snapback]1189617[/snapback]​

Field Operations is an interesting idea. I like that.

Maybe I can just have PROP stamped on the back and it will be a non-issue, we'll see what the rep says. I don't want something like "TV PROP NOT REAL THIS IS FAKE YOU DUMBFRAK" on the front.

All right kids, everything has been squared away on the shields and we're back on track.

Other interesting news, I found that I've been recast on eBay, or whatever the appropriate term is for redoing one's graphics.

For the sake of interest, here's what the badge will look like with the modified wording:

sheld8ux.jpg

DuneMuadDib,
I think it looks great. In a fantasy world, Jack Bauer could actually have badge number "24".
Just want to go on record and say thanks for all your hard work on this project to make it a reality. It's effort like that, that makes getting rare prop replicas like this happen.

NEWS BUMP...

Okay, slight problem. The e-mail about the custom center seals for badges got lost along the way somehow a couple weeks ago. As such I'm currently scrambling with a rep from the badge maker to get this corrected. No word yet on what length of a delay this will entail. The worst part in all this is that she's telling me my card was declined while my bank assures me the charge was accepted. I'm desperately trying to sort this all out, and will update the second I know more.

Good news everyone.

/Professor Farnsworth

Got things moreorless sorted out on the shields. Banners are done, the center seals should take another 2 weeks. So allowing a week to get to me, and a week turn around time on my end it shouldn't be more than a month now until customers have them in hand.

I apologize for this little snafu and the delay.

DAMMIT I hate this project.

Got the wallet in today, and the cutout for the shield was wrong. Now it's going to be another month before replacement ones come in most likely.

FRAK.

I know the badges are already in the works but I think I have an ok source for screencaps. Season 2 episode 12 just over 5 mins into the episode (with the previously...stuff) Bauer's badge is swinging into and out of frame and it's pretty close. If someone has the season on DVD check it out and see if you can find anything.

I pulled screen caps from that scene, and I believe the badge panels read...

1. COUNTER
2. TERRORIST
3. UNIT
4. Panel is blank

Originally posted by kitt1@Mar 21 2006, 07:12 PM
I pulled screen caps from that scene, and I believe the badge panels read...

1. COUNTER
2. TERRORIST
3. UNIT
4. Panel is blank
[snapback]1210673[/snapback]​

Send me those pics, I'd like to see. I didn't think there was enough detail to get anything so I didn't bother, and as much trouble as this project has been I don't wanna fudge with it unless I'm damned sure. Other caps I've looked at seemed to indicate longer text phrases than that, but I could be wrong.

To me putting "Counter Terrorist Unit" on it when CTU is on the center seal seems redundant. Plus that verbage might be a problem for me legally, I don't know for sure. It also could be that the wording has changed since Day 2.

But hey, give me compelling evidence as to the exact verbage on the badges and I'll get them fixed. Otherwise I'm going ahead as is since the text is done on the shields.

Nothing to report. I got the refund on the incorrect wallets, but that's not really noteworthy to anyone but me. It is still a few weeks until the correct wallets arrive, I'm hoping only another week or two for shields to arrive.

Originally posted by TFrosst@Apr 11 2006, 07:18 AM
Did you decide on the writing that will go on the badges?
[snapback]1224364[/snapback]​

When kitt1 brought up that info it was beyond too late to have them changed. What I had previously posted is what the badges will look like.

Exciting news campers, the shields have arrived. Already had the neck hangers on hand so I'm proud to present:

Undercover CTU ID
dscn31602ev.jpg

Wallets will hopefully (fingers crossed) be to me shortly, then I can start shipping stuff out. I lost the JY thread which was my main source of keeping track of who ordered what so I need to dig it out of PayPal. Anything that can be sent out before wallets arrive will go out on Friday. However, those who ordered wallets and undercover badges will have to be patient since I'm opting to send full orders in one shot rather than broken up.

More news as it develops. Just about have this monkey off my back <happy dance>

Because that's what I opted for. At the time the order went in there wasn't a firm idea what the badges said (jury is still out on Day 5, even though 2 is confirmed). Originally it was CA with Los Angeles on the banner above it, but that posed liability issues for me with the feds. I don't know whether "Terrorist" on the badge would be any more welcome or not. Either way, it was ordered at a time when there was no confirmation and I doubted one could be made so I made up an official sounding banner scheme and the 24 is just a nod and the badge's "number" coming between 23 and 25.

I apologize for not having the extra grand to scrap the run and redo them with the correct verbage. It was undertaken with upfront reporting that the verbage would be conjectural and since there was not a peep from anyone about it other than kitt1 (who came over to my side moreorless anyway) I saw no need to not go ahead with the 24.

In short, I hate this project and will be glad to see it over. Anyone who isn't satisfied with the verbage as is doesn't have to buy one, or can have their money returned if they wish to cancel the order.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back