CTU Badges?

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Obi-wan Coyote, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Obi-wan Coyote

Obi-wan Coyote New Member

Hello, Does any one make any 24 CTU badges? Any help would be great.
    Thanks, Obi wan Coyote

2. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

I bought a set for my ex from DuneMuadDib a few years back. They were pretty sweet. There was a clip-on ID, a wallet ID, a leather flip open wallet with a CTU badge inset in the wallet.

Send him a PM to see if he's doing another run.

The Wook

3. Jedi Lawja

Jedi Lawja Well-Known Member

4. stormpath

stormpath Active Member

I had made some badges. :) every badge's ID bar code is different... there is actor's real birthday infomation in it. and some secret infomation in it... :p

It base on a RPF member's early version... :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jedi Lawja

Jedi Lawja Well-Known Member

Those look real nice.. But I must ask.. WHY the HELL does Jacks STUPID daughter have an ID CARD?. Sorry. I hate her. She's too stupid to be alive. Jack spent far much of the first two seasons chasing her * down. Grr. (heh)

Jay

6. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

You'll see her again Lawja... Don't knock the prime eye candy that is Kim man....

:)

7. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Day 3 Kim worked for CTU.

Stormpath's are nice looking badges but the designs aren't based on anything made for the show. It's a fan-made design I earlier mistook for genuine.

Which style badges were you interested in, Coyote? Day 1/2 or later days? Clip-on or wallet?

Day 1 clip-ons I'd probably be willing to do, but it would take time because I have to completely reconstruct my files. Day 3-5 clip-ons would take longer for me to work up since I was sour on the project at that point so I'd have to research them more first.

Wallet IDs are another matter. Those I probably won't do unless there's more people interested. I think I only sold 2 or 3 of them when I did this project a few years ago and it left a sour taste in my mouth.

8. kitt1

kitt1 Active Member

Does anyone have any good screencaps of the actual metal CTU badge used on the show? Or a source for replica's?

9. IndustrialSizeEd

IndustrialSizeEd New Member

I might be interested in a wallet badge...

10. Darbycrash

Darbycrash Well-Known Member

Yeah I have the ID and wallet with the badge from that run I love it.

11. Stansfield

Stansfield Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

can anybody post pics of the metal badge with wallet...there was also a good shot the other night when Chloe flashed her ID to the police.

Geoff

12. SurferGeek

SurferGeek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hell... I'd spend two seasons chasing her * down. :love Just give me the chance. Oh... wait... that's considered stalking isn't it. Nevermind. ;)

13. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Good news gang, I found my old backup discs with my CTU Day 1/2 IDs. So clip-ons are completely doable. Wallet with shields will be a bit trickier since I lost the sources for those. I'll have to track down those again, and hopefully can get a source for more accurate shields.

Day 3-5 IDs are a different matter since I did this project a few years ago so there wasn't any reference available on the new styles. I'll have to break down and get the DVDs for for research. Thankfully I'm recording all the current season on DVR so I can work off that.

I'll post pictures later when I'm more alert.

14. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Okay, bug got me so here we go:

Day 1-2 ID. This is the style that is both clipped on and in the wallet. Lower image is a composite of what the wallet looks like with the shield. However, the central emblem should have CTU on it rather than the justice scale.

[​IMG]

Day 2 Airfield badge. This is what Jack, et al. were wearing at the airfield when searching for the nuke.

[​IMG]

Forgive the watermarking and image skewing :)

15. Tiberius Kirk

Tiberius Kirk Sr Member

Those look great. Please, please do another run.

16. Stansfield

17. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Wallets won't happen unless there's a fair amount of interest, say 15-20 people. Only doing a few is too cost prohibitive.

Clip-ons are doable once I work out an appropriate printing option, since Kinkos won't print a CIA logo and my printer isn't appreciating the cardstock I tried.

18. kitt1

kitt1 Active Member

I'm in for one of the wallets. Let's start a list. Got a ballpark on thr price?

19. Stansfield

I'd definately be in for a wallet...maybe 2

20. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Those look pretty good. I'm interesting in seeing clear screen caps to see how accurate they are. Or are they just for "fun" not accurate?

I like your design. PM me with details. If it is screen accurate I am interested. Heck, depending on price, might even take one of each. heh heh

Above anything else, I SERIOUSLY want the metal badge that Jack and Curtic wear around thier neck on a chain. That this is AWESOME.

Maybe someday I'll do a run of the "Burk Security Card" from season five.

[​IMG]

21. kitt1

kitt1 Active Member

I found these on the web a while back, but you can't see any detail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Zendragon

Zendragon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

interested

23. AndySertin

AndySertin Well-Known Member

Yeah, if I could have one like that.....BOY OH BOY.

24. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Here's what Day 1 screencaps I have offhand.

George Mason's open wallet:
    [​IMG]

Some service lady that Nina shoots:
    [​IMG]

Not terribly good, but enough to see that mine are on par. The Jack one is based off an ID that was on sale at eBay a few years ago when I did the project. It matched the screencap reference I had of other IDs and the photo clearly wasn't a rehashed publicity photo like so made up ones use.

The airfield badge is based off constant staring at the screen on a big tv. I will provide screencaps when I remember to take Day 2 caps of Division flunkies wearing clip ons like shown above.

I've seen a show of hands for roughly 3-6 wallets (counting me). I can't give a definate price until I source out the pieces needed.

If wallets go through then I'll likely be able to offer Jack's shield that Kitt1 was showing because it's the same on the wallet (at least the first two days).

More to follow when I've had sleep. But guestimate that clip ons would be $10 for stock ones and $15 for custom.

25. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

hmm looks something like this although i am guessing on the details.
    [​IMG]

26. riker12

riker12 Well-Known Member

Count me interested in both as well.

27. vader71

vader71 Sr Member

I want the metal badge.

28. EdgeofNowhere

EdgeofNowhere Well-Known Member

I'd be in for a day 4/5 wallet

29. IndustrialSizeEd

IndustrialSizeEd New Member

Depending on the price, I'd be in for a wallet.

30. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

In Day 5 there are these Red Badges. Don't have any better screen caps.

[​IMG]

31. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

I think those are Division-specific badges. Palmer's staff wore similar ones during Day 2 when they were in LA at Division.

32. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Count me in as well if you guys can do it. I also want badges.

33. evpi50

evpi50 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  34. Obi-wan Coyote

Obi-wan Coyote New Member

They look Great. Count me in for (2) Day 1/2 Id clip on and if Day 5 is done (2) of them. And if anyone is doing the metal badge, one of them.
    Obi wan Coyote.

35. kitt1

kitt1 Active Member

Has anyone been able to see any more details of the metal badge? I noticed the CTU agents wearing them at the Ontario airport.

36. kitt1

kitt1 Active Member

evpi50,
    Thanks for that link.

http://www.officerstore.com/store/custom_s...D=116&x=25&y=77

Try this layout on the "Build Your Badge".

Badge Color:Gold
    Text Font:Roman
    Text Color:Blue
    Panel 1: SPECIAL AGENT
    Panel 2: COUNTER TERRORIST
    Panel 3: UNIT
    Panel 4: CTU
    Badge Backing: C625E (US with blue background)

I think it looks great.

37. evpi50

evpi50 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  38. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

It's also a very expensive badge. I'm trying to keep the cost down for this, and that badge is more than I sold wallets for previously.

Progress has been slow going unfortunately on locating vendors for items since I'm sick and my work schedule fluctuates. Probably won't have anything worth mentioning until after the weekend.

Gotta go dope up on cold meds now.

39. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

ok heres my latest try at it. I Don't think panel 4 would say CTU only because it is the blue logo too, I think it says US, or CA, but I went with US
    [​IMG]

40. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

at a fellow RPf members request

[​IMG]

41. evpi50

evpi50 Well-Known Member

42. kitt1

kitt1 Active Member

Which looks better, the CTU center seal with gold letters, or white letters?

43. evpi50

evpi50 Well-Known Member

44. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

The badge isn't designed to hold up to scrutiny I'd suppose. Mostly just to look impressive to the casual viewer like all the other bogus badges on every other law enforcement show ever.

Been wicked sick the past couple days so nothing to report unfortunately. However, I have concluded that short of speaking to the property master himself it'll be impossible to determine the correct wording on the badges. I could live with speculative wording but I don't know about the rest of you. Also, it may be a hastle to get shields with particular wording depending upon the manufacturer. When I did this before I was able to squeak by without a lot of hastle, but there's no telling if the same will hold true.

That all said, if wallets did get made and I weren't able to find a more affordable shield then wallets would run upwards of $100 for certain. I've yet to determine a suitable means of having the accurate CTU disk on shields, but focus has mostly been on bedrest.

Provided that my head isn't foggy after I get some rest I'll revisit my Day 2 DVDs to confirm details on the clip-ons and will look into Day 3-5 identification.

I apologize that this isn't developing as quickly as you all might like (and I personally as well) but whatever it is I've had for the past couple weeks got worse this past weekend and has just left me under-motivated.

45. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Good news. I have a prototype of the Day 5 style ID.

46. kitt1

kitt1 Active Member

Count me in for a wallet. Maybe two.

47. vader71

vader71 Sr Member

Wow, thats really sweet. Let us know when they are ready to go.

48. Darbycrash

Darbycrash Well-Known Member

Well I noticed on the last 2 episodes of 24 Curtis was wearing a gold badge that had the scales as the seal. Pretty much like the badges on the previous run.

49. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

I'll have to go back and check that. If so then I've got one more problem solved.

50. kitt1

kitt1 Active Member

Can anybody post a screencap of Curtis wearing that badge?