Crysis 3 Nanosuit

Wow great work,man! :D (y)

Would be nice to have only the upper shoulders as a bust for my helmet.
Thank you
I will make around 5 casts from latex before destroying plaster mold. I do not have enough space in my workshop for all pieces . I will just keep silicone mold for making clay casts to make new pieces in the future.
I will make latex casts for sale later. You can just order what you need. Also have very good flex paint for airbrushing all pieces and plotter to cut stencils .

I took the monster clay out of the plaster mold and time for first latex. I will make left and right side later to connect all pieces together. 20201030_195458.jpg20201030_200022.jpg20201030_210128.jpg20201031_132633.jpg20201031_154823.jpg20201031_154826.jpg20201031_202011.jpg20201101_143824.jpg

Sorry for no updates but atm I am just casting another back and front pieces . When I will have few casts I can destroy plaster moulds and make more room in my small workshop. Any idea how to store this pieces? They are massive and now they are flat but I was thinking about keeping them in wardrobe. Just glue latex straps to the neck and hang it like normal clothes.
I will order more silicone to make neck piece as a one big piece to glue in the costume and have better shape piece .

Attachments

• 20201127_183940.jpg
    20201127_183940.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 109
Pro-Job on those casts and the results are out of this World(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy: Yep, hang them like regular clothes. Some make customized hangers for the costumes to hang properly without deforming it.

Pro-Job on those casts and the results are out of this World(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy: Yep, hang them like regular clothes. Some make customized hangers for the costumes to hang properly without deforming it.
I was thinking about gluing latex strap to neck piece but not sure if this will not stretch body a little bit.

I am just thinking about normal latex I am using and Monster Makers latex with colorant from them . Atm I use latex for £25 for 5 litres . When checking the price of Monster Makers latex I am just thinking what is so great in this product making it so expensive comparing to normal latex(normal latex £25-5 litres and Monster Makers £55 - 3.7 litres ).
Also I see many paint on the market and I just tested flexi paint for £15 for 1kg (you just add water for airbrushing and can mix colours to make your own) .
Monster Makers Pigment is nice idea if I want start with base colour of latex but again have similar result using just flexi paint in black colour used with normal latex mixed together.
I do not have experience with using latex and paints for latex (this is my first latex project) but I have similar feelings when doing 3d printing or using casting resin, that it is better to check all shops and products before just buying "the best" . It was big problem when I was looking for silicone for making huge silicone mould of 3d printed torso for Crysis costume. I have in UK one shop selling all product of Smooth oN but the number and similarities are overwhelming. You can just easily find 3 or 4 similar silicones and will be good for my application.
After comparing prices to my usual shop I decided to stick to my old "good for everything " silicone .
For the similar 5kg RTV silicone I will pay more around £30 from Smooth On. I used already around 60kg for this project so you can calculate yourself the numbers (also they do not have bigger sizes than 5kg silicone from Smooth On in UK) .

Doing this project I decided to start on the side Predator project. Why?
I will use same materials and techniques like in Crysis. I do not have to buy again Monster Clay and paints- have it for Crysis.
Also I have few 3d printers just sitting and being switched off - I do not like when I have filament and nothing is 3d printing. Artist selling pieces so you can just buy stl file piece by piece after finishing earlier pieces.

I will use other silicone for Predator- 10 shore hardness for head mould.

I was thinking about gluing latex strap to neck piece but not sure if this will not stretch body a little bit.
It could over time...that being said; some costume designers are stuffing their latex body-suit/costume with pillow material (soft foam bits) to maintain the form. Hanging should always be done with some kind of clothe hanger (the branches should also be wrapped with some kind of foam). If the weight is significant, with the foam insert, the suit should be laid on its back and rotated every other week on the chest part to avoid problems. ;)

Wow, I knew you'd used a lot of silicone...but not to that extend:eek::eek:
For helmet I use around 5 kg of silicone or 7kg if helmet is bigger.
When you start doing mold is just eating silicone like crazy. You are paying and crying . Now I know how much silicone will be needed for similar project in the future. I will advice around 100 kg for full costume. Maybe if will use more hard silicone around 40 shores , then can use less. I will try now latex mold for leg.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back