Cowboys & Aliens - Jake Lonergan Gauntlet Weapon

When I first heard of this movie, I had just finished playing the Mothership Zeta DLC for Fallout 3 and thought of that. Then I saw the gauntlet and thought, "Damn, it even has a Pip-Boy! This is Mothership Zeta the Movie!" Haha.

I haven't sighted any more pics on the web, but I fully intend to make this costume for Dragon*Con this year. I have begun initial research on the 1880's-style clothing he wears. And then I intend to make a gauntlet that has pop-up lights, and a bar that swings out to the side to be gripped (albeit with modifications since the real thing is CGI.)

You planning on making it too, Contec?

Kinda dumb but it reminded me of a childhood show I completely forgot about
long-arm.jpg

C.O.P.S

I had just finished the Fallout 3 DLC Mothership beta and started in on New Vegas then saw the trailer and got giddy for a second thinking it was a fallout movie and that the wrist piece was a movie version of the Pipboy 3000.

my brother in law ryan has tasked me to make this piece for him for Comic-Con so hopefully you will see some results there. Thanks for the pics - I'm always open for any more that are floating out there!

I'll have to do some serious research. I'm not as gifted as a lot of our community members in the mechanical field lol. But I'll give it a go!

I started rough sketching out the part in 2D. I wish I could do it in 3D but I think that would take me more time than it is worth. It seems to me though that the inside and outside sides are pretty symmetrical in the closed version, having the strip of LEDs and the double plug port thing on both sides. This is as far as I got today though... taken from one of the screen caps.

5809410209_5ea820b8bc_z.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back