COVID-19 modeling -- stay inside/model hard!

Sorry to hear that, COlson. I'll be there with you shortly. I'm freelance, so I expect work to start drying up quickly. Let's hope this resolves soon. C'mon, pharmaceutical industry, time to transform all those profits into a vaccine!

Got the PE photo-etch from ParaGrafix for the 1/1400 scale Enterprise E. Also have the Nemesis aftermarket decals and aztecs. So that will be my first shelter-in-place build. Seven counties here in the bay area (including my own Alameda County) just issued a shelter-in-place order for all residents effective at midnight tonight. Fortunately, my wife is retired and I already work from home. Also we are both introverts so that helps.

For me it is strange, i change my job and have 3weeks free with before my new job starts. so everything is closed but the weather is not so bad so i have a lot of time to teach my son, work in the garden and build my new diorama
i62179b9aosg.jpg

my first C-virus project was finishing this "Crystal Cave Chase" dio

.144 Bandai TLJ Falcon
.144 Bandai FO TIE Fighters
real rock-crystals and gypsum-crystals
fake crystals cut out of hotgluesticks
black deco sand and red glass-color

20200316_153017.jpg
20200316_152737.jpg
20200316_152449.jpg
20200316_152829.jpg
20200316_152910.jpg
20200317_113739.jpg

I used a cut-off head ( I think it was Finn ) placed upsidedown on the dashboard to mimic a Porg

Last edited:
That is a sight to behold.

Man, that Corsair is a beauty! That and the Spitfire are my two favorite WWII fighters. Just grace and power.

Thanks!
If you’re bored.....

my first C-virus project was finishing this "Crystal Cave Chase" dio

.144 Bandai TLJ Falcon
.144 Bandai FO TIE Fighters
real rock-crystals and gypsum-crystals
fake crystals cut out of hotgluesticks
black deco sand and red glass-color

View attachment 1277232View attachment 1277234View attachment 1277235View attachment 1277236View attachment 1277237View attachment 1277238

I used a cut-off head ( I think it was Finn ) placed upsidedown on the dashboard to mimic a Porg
That's a great diorama, and those laser bolts really bring it to life!

Thanks!
If you’re bored.....

I started going through your whole thread and... damn. That cockpit is unreal! I don't model planes or real life subjects, but your stuff sure makes it look tempting! I bookmarked it to finish it later today. Damn.

Getting this guy ready for paint. Made the eyes from Sculpey and glass beads.

Attachments

• KIMG0803.JPG
    KIMG0803.JPG
    440.1 KB · Views: 84
  • KIMG0802.JPG
    KIMG0802.JPG
    266.1 KB · Views: 89
  • KIMG0804.JPG
    KIMG0804.JPG
    653.9 KB · Views: 103
Still working, but everythings all changed. No customers are allowed in our shop, (selling supplies for cement) They have to come to the window and someone will get the items for them. If they come into our yard, they are suppose to stay in their vehicle. This is going to get weird quickly.
I do want to get a model done here soon though.

Thanks for sharing your work, all.
I'm thinking about temporarily switching to coloured cardstock builds since my EVA foam project has stagnated.I want to keep the momentum and keep the creative flow going, so this seemed like a suitable compromise for the moment.Test-fit in paper, then transfer to cardstock.Maybe I'll even finish a costume this century :lol:

Something to keep in mind as non-essential businesses, like hobby shops, temporarily close during this crisis: we may want to avoid, if possible, ordering products for home delivery unless there's truly no other option. I know in my area deliveries are running way behind because a lot of people who can't get medicine and food have no choice but to order for delivery. The system is getting overloaded. Getting a new kit or some extra styrene is less important at the moment than people getting needed supplies. Situations your area may be different, but it may be a good idea to get creative about using the supplies we have on hand when possible. Some closed stores may be offering curbside order pick-up, so it wouldn't hurt to call businesses to see if you can still get supplies that way. Stay safe everyone! Stay inside.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back