Cosplay for larger body types?

Fxguy1

Good morning!

I’m looking to get into cosplaying, particularly anything that requires more than just sewing. I’d love to build some armor or a cool prop to go with my cosplay.

My problem is that I’m 5’9” and 300lbs. What ideas or inspiration can you suggest beyond a dwarf like Gimli or Hellboy?

Thanks!

Whatever you want to be. Dont let your body type determine what you think you can be. Proportion the armor/costume to yourself and cosplay as you want, not as the, generally, improbable dimensions of a fictional character dictate. Cosplayers dont all fit into the "ideal" body type. You can be any character you want. Dont let your size dictate your options.

Though if you want to cosplay a larger character... Some larger characters you could consider. Kingpin, juggernaut, hulk, Barf from Spaceballs, Endgame Thor, Samwell Tarly, Samwise Gamgy, Dr Robotnik, The Penguin, Baymax, King Robert Baratheon, King Dedede from Kirby, Kirby, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, Ralph from Wreck It Ralph, Homer Simpson, Comic-Book Guy from the Simpsons, Barney from the Simspons, Peter Griffin, Kool-Aid Man.

There are lots of characters that fall in the larger range. I'm also a big person, but I dont care, I cosplay who I want. Hope this helps

I'm 6'4" and 300 pounds. I'm currently making a Vader costume, a Jason Voorhees and, since my fiance is a huge Harry Potter fan, I'm making a Hagrid costume.

Last edited:
I'm in a small cosplay group and about half are either super skinny or curvy. They don't bat an eye about body types. If they want to embody the character, they make the suit and go. If there is a character that ignites your creative fires do it!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back