Cosmos by Carl Sagan

rodneyfaile

Sr Member
Ive seen the entire documentary series several times. It never gets old. I could listen to Sagan talk about anything. It should be required in schools. It's available streaming on Netflix. If you haven't seen it, please do yourself a favor and check it out!

Wow, it's been awhile since I've thought of this show.

Somewhere around here I have the Soundtrack LP and the DVD disks of the entire series.

I usually watch it every couple years or so. Sagan was a master at making science entertaining. Absolutely love the music as well.

Bought it on DVD a long while ago, and it's one of my favorite series for background noise while I'm working.

Carl's cool voice that makes everything interesting, and the score by Vangelis, science, history ... could it be any better?

I honestly believe the world would be different if he lived longer.

It quite possibly would've been a better one right now if the 'small blue dot' speech had for the last 30 years been drummed into the brains of the planet's children every morning before going to class. Wouldn't have done any harm to have had the world's politicians forced to recite it daily either.

Carl Sagan is a personal hero of mine. I used to watch all of Cosmos at least once a year back when I still had my copy on VHS. I was thrilled when I found out it was available on Netflix. Totally worth watching every episode.

I know the new Cosmos with Neil DeGrasse Tyson is all the rage right now, but the original Cosmos with Carl Sagan is $42.99 on DVD over at Amazon this week, normally around $89.

Last edited:
As much as I love Sagan, have to say deGrasse Tyson does a really good job with the new Cosmos. The original book itself I thought was a little too fact-based, with little to no of Sagan's own personality attached... anyway, found this clip a couple days back and thought it was real funny:

Carson as Carl - YouTube

so far the new Cosmos is fantastic and deGrasse Tyson is a natural... I hadno idea about his child history with meeting Sagan... its like a real passing of the torch to have deGrasse Tyson hosting this new version. I'm hooked!
and I agree with everyone.. Carl Sagan could read the phone book and make it interesting... if I could have dinner with anyone past or present it would have to be with Carl Sagan.

From amazon.com :

Collections Deal of the Week: 57% Off Carl Sagan's Cosmos on DVD

This week only, save big on Carl Sagan's original odyssey of the universe Cosmos in our Collections Deal of the Week. See what inspired today's Cosmos remake. Offer ends March 29, 2014.

It's currently on backorder, but you can still reserve yourself a copy for $42.99

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back