Cool short...THE GIFT...Watch this now!

I give it an A for looks and execution and effort, but an F for storytelling. It´s eye candy, pretending to be more than it really is. I found it unsatisfying. I want a short story to do something with my feelings, and this one just tickled my brain in regards of how they produced it and achieved that kind of screen value, with shooting on location and such.

Alright, I just read that it is more of a teaser than a real short movie, and that the guy already is a pro in the field of shooting commercials. :lol:lol:lol That explains a lot ;)

The concept art work is great, love the style although it´s nothing really knew, an amalagam of various anime styles I´d say.

Buuuut...

I´m curious to see more from that guy ;)

Yeah, I just thought it was kinda cool.

No re-invention of the wheel, but interested to see if it becomes a feature.

Have you all seen the other four films in this "series"? For those who don't know, there are actuall 5 short films here, and they all have the same dialogue:

"What is it?"
"It's a unicorn"
"Never seen one close up before"
"Beautiful"
"Get away"
"Get away"
"I'm sorry"

It's fascinating to see all of the different stories that revolve around the dialogue. I think my favorite is with the little blind girl...

I give it an A for looks and execution and effort, but an F for storytelling. It´s eye candy, pretending to be more than it really is. I found it unsatisfying. I want a short story to do something with my feelings, and this one just tickled my brain in regards of how they produced it and achieved that kind of screen value, with shooting on location and such.

Alright, I just read that it is more of a teaser than a real short movie, and that the guy already is a pro in the field of shooting commercials. :lol:lol:lol That explains a lot ;)

The concept art work is great, love the style although it´s nothing really knew, an amalagam of various anime styles I´d say.

Buuuut...

I´m curious to see more from that guy ;)

I felt like I was watching a real-life Half-Life 2 video game

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back