Limited Run Control Box PCB for Roman Props Balance V4 | Accepting Payments | Now Shipping

Re: Control Box PCB for Roman Props Balance V4

How long before you think the chassis will be available.

Right now everything is in the idea stage. As soon as I get these PCBs tested and ready to send out I'll start working on the chassis stuff.

In terms of everything else I ended up going out of town for the weekend so I didn't get to work on this at all. Tomorrow should be a good day to test the PCB+LEDs with a sound board. Once that's all taken care of I'll be ready to start accepting payments to get this stuff shipped out.

A quick update... I was able to assemble everything yesterday but was slowed down by having to get a new drill press. Everything is shaping up really well but there are a few things I want to optimize. I am out of town on business but will pick up work as soon as I get back home on Friday. I was hoping to get these out this week so I am sorry for the delay. I'll get the main thread updated with payment info so we can make sure things can get sent out early next week if ready.

Major update for everyone... I finally got some time to do some drilling, break out the soldering iron and put everything to test. I drilled the required holes in the copper lid and the pass-though switch activation using the circuit card works great, I just had to sand down the bottom of the card a bit. I also drilled the holes for the triangle inserts. I soldered the LEDs and switches to the PCB and connected everything to a PCv4 I had to test with. The LED illumination looks great so far.

But there is some really crappy news... There is a connection on the PCB that is bridging the switches together. There is no easy work around so I have to modify the design and reorder the boards. I'll get the design updated and reordered tonight or tomorrow, which will mean another 7-10 days wait time before I can ship. I am really sorry everyone, I know everyone is ready to get their sabers installed.

Also it looks like the update to the main thread I made a few days ago detailing payment info didn't take, so I'll update that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks great! Take your time. I think I speak for everyone when I say, The wait is worth it when it means a better product!

And when should we start sending money your way?

Looks great! Take your time. I think I speak for everyone when I say, The wait is worth it when it means a better product!

And when should we start sending money your way?

What LED's did you use?

I updated the main thread with payment info.

Here is the revised PCB:

RPBV4 PCB r2.png

The cutouts will allow for the LEDs to be mounted and centered against the triangle inserts. The video I posted was using four LEDs (coming off two accent pads still) in a PCB sandwich configuration. The problem with this is that it raised the PCB a little bit too high plus added a more challenging mounting job for the LEDs. The PCB will sit on top of the control box screws and lid will press against the tactile switch tops keeping everything secure.

The LEDs I am using are simple 2x3x4mm white LEDs. In the video I didn't use anything to separate the light inside the box. Based on the way the inserts are flush with the inside of the box nothing was needed.

Re: Control Box PCB for Roman Props Balance V4 | Accepting Payments

Payment sent! I'm getting everything!:D

Edit: I should clarify what everything means

1x PCB, 2x 6x6x13mm momentary tactile switches, with instructions and templates for installation. - $15

1x red and 1x green translucent resin triangle inserts and 2x LEDs (original or BRRogers style) - $8 (or both styles for $15) --------I'm getting both styles---------

1x three-piece Neopixel PCB holder set (blade side & hilt side) - $15

US order shipping will be $7 via Priority Mail

Last edited:

Is there any additional full sets left? If so I’d like one 100%. Can paypal ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll be sending payment Friday, life is tight right now :(

Interested in a full set as well if there are. Ready to may the payment as soon as you let me know.

Payment has been sent (in two transactions, b/c I forgot to include s/h the first time, doh!) for the PCB & switches, as well as both sets of inserts. Thanks!

Inserts paid, international shipping.

Payment sent for PCB and LED (Original) set, I have not paid for Internation shipping yet. Will do when you confirm price

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back