**COMPLETED** Y-Wing 1/48 resin model

Turned out that it was extremely difficult to get dogs trained to fly a Y-Wing, no time for instrument rating certification, and the only pilot that was capable of using the force to navigate already has an X-Wing. So, the front windscreen was opened up for regular already trained Y-Wing pilots to view what is in front of them.

Here is the final design result, unless there are tweak suggestions from anyone. Given the compromises that needed to be made to fit the model and still capture the look and feel I think this came out great.

All Windows-Panel lines.jpgAll Windows Panel lines side.jpgAll Windowed Panels Top.jpgAll Windowed Front.jpg

For FDM printing a 0.3mm nozzle is required. Supports will be needed. This should print beautifully with SLA.

Turned out that it was extremely difficult to get dogs trained to fly a Y-Wing, no time for instrument rating certification, and the only pilot that was capable of using the force to navigate already has an X-Wing. So, the front windscreen was opened up for regular already trained Y-Wing pilots to view what is in front of them.

Here is the final design result, unless there are tweak suggestions from anyone. Given the compromises that needed to be made to fit the model and still capture the look and feel I think this came out great.

View attachment 1454233View attachment 1454232View attachment 1454231View attachment 1454230

For FDM printing a 0.3mm nozzle is required. Supports will be needed. This should print beautifully with SLA.

I guess I can buy one, since I won't have to carve out the front window now! Understandable, as trained daggits are in short supply.

Hey Steven, how did you bend the brass rod, for the pipes?
I wrapped some gaffers tape around the end of some needle nose pliers (so they wouldn't dent the brass) and just bent the pipes around that. Mine definitely aren't perfect, but I only spent a couple days doing it. Just look at the Bandai instruction sheet that I linked in my sales thread (or if you happen to have a Bandai Y laying around, use that one). Please post progress photos!

SB

I wrapped some gaffers tape around the end of some needle nose pliers (so they wouldn't dent the brass) and just bent the pipes around that. Mine definitely aren't perfect, but I only spent a couple days doing it. Just look at the Bandai instruction sheet that I linked in my sales thread (or if you happen to have a Bandai Y laying around, use that one). Please post progress photos!

SB
Thanks! I definitely have a Bandai kit or 2 lying around. I put all the parts from the Bibby-Bills kit in a FM Y-Wing box. Hopefully it won't stay there too long. ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back