**COMPLETED** Y-Wing 1/48 resin model

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Hagoth

Turned out that it was extremely difficult to get dogs trained to fly a Y-Wing, no time for instrument rating certification, and the only pilot that was capable of using the force to navigate already has an X-Wing. So, the front windscreen was opened up for regular already trained Y-Wing pilots to view what is in front of them.

Here is the final design result, unless there are tweak suggestions from anyone. Given the compromises that needed to be made to fit the model and still capture the look and feel I think this came out great.

All Windows-Panel lines.jpg All Windows Panel lines side.jpg All Windowed Panels Top.jpg All Windowed Front.jpg

For FDM printing a 0.3mm nozzle is required. Supports will be needed. This should print beautifully with SLA.

edge10

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Turned out that it was extremely difficult to get dogs trained to fly a Y-Wing, no time for instrument rating certification, and the only pilot that was capable of using the force to navigate already has an X-Wing. So, the front windscreen was opened up for regular already trained Y-Wing pilots to view what is in front of them.

Here is the final design result, unless there are tweak suggestions from anyone. Given the compromises that needed to be made to fit the model and still capture the look and feel I think this came out great.

View attachment 1454233 View attachment 1454232 View attachment 1454231 View attachment 1454230

For FDM printing a 0.3mm nozzle is required. Supports will be needed. This should print beautifully with SLA.

I guess I can buy one, since I won't have to carve out the front window now! Understandable, as trained daggits are in short supply.

Hagoth

That is an awesome looking kit SB! Very pleased with how nicely the canopy printed and fits over the cockpit.

Here are the pictures StevenBills shared with me of the first print results. Perfect fit!

IMG_6284.jpg

IMG_6285.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.