Comic Hybrid Batman

Your suit is looking great. Nice work on the buckle, looks retro. I really like those gaunlets!

How are your going to use that muscle map?

Your suit is looking great. Nice work on the buckle, looks retro. I really like those gaunlets!

How are your going to use that muscle map?

Cheers Spidey. I've just been playing with the muscle map and have discovered that I can get very different results by putting logos etc into the place where the "original" bricks were supposed to go.

I'm looking at printing options at the moment. I'll let you guys know how I get on.

hey brulafu,

Any updates? Any full costume pics after your cape and boots showed up? Also, how's the print coming?

Looking good Bruce. It's just the way though. You wait years for a Batman amongst our Scottish lot and then four turn up at once..!

Nice going dude. very nicely done. good start on the body suit too, nice to see someone else is doing the bats instead of bricks, i did that a few years back too

charcoaldarkknight.jpg

tights52.jpg

just make sure you're building in in CMYK ;)

Nice going dude. very nicely done. good start on the body suit too, nice to see someone else is doing the bats instead of bricks, i did that a few years back too

charcoaldarkknight.jpg

tights52.jpg

just make sure you're building in in CMYK ;)

That is awesome. I didnt realise it had been done before - very nice. I'm having a small problem getting the blacks to look black. I think i'll have a few trials of various colours (I've got printed samples to show you all)

More importantly, heres a couple of pics I could muster from my phone. I'll get links to other pics when I dig them out.

photo.jpg

and (a favourite of mine, she was peculiarly hot !!)

photo.jpg

Here are some prints I've got...They were just half torsos that I was playing about with colours. Got samples from 2 different companies.

This is from Company 1

photo-2.jpg

and

image.jpg

I'll post pics of the other company samples (there was an interesting difference). I thought I supplied the same files to both but now thinking about it, these pics were all CMYK TIFF files, where the other company was CMYK PSD files. I dont see why this should make a difference....but it did

Pics in the next post.

So, here's some iphone pics of the difference in prints....

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Close up of the blue (ps I know its the 'wrong' blue but I was just playing about)

photo-3.jpg

i know what you mean. i found in the end sending my printers the Full pds files with all layers. the company i use printed CMYK, RGB and LMG, sending them mini cropped sections of the suit. every time they came up different. was a nightmare.

its funny i did a Super "S" suit with the same kinda pattern too lol

will pm you too.

Nice costume pics brulafu! That hush cowl really suits you.

The prints look very cool. I'm interested in learning about this technique. Keep up the good work man, and thanks for sharing.

Nice costume pics brulafu! That hush cowl really suits you.

The prints look very cool. I'm interested in learning about this technique. Keep up the good work man, and thanks for sharing.

Thanks Spidey74, theres a tutorial on here about it....its a bit time consuming and its a bit fiddly, but once you get into a rhythm its fine. Theres a tutorial on here how to do it. I'll get the link up

AdamL said:
Nice, that's a great Hush suit.

Thank you - once the full suit print comes It should look better.

Ironmanpreston said:
how did you get the bat prints on the suit like that. it looks way cool.

Theres a technique for overlaying a pattern - I just used TheNikFox's tutorial and played about...As I mentioned earlier, I'll try and dig out the link (if its not alread on this thread somewhere..

I've just been told that my full suit prints are on their way and should have them here for Friday.

I'll post up pics when they arrive.

Hey Everyone...

Prints came in and im very pleased about them....

photo-1.jpg

I've placed a urethane bat onto it for effect...(and yes I know its a bit creased :rolleyes)

I also made one with a circle effect too...

Will post pics when I get home later tonight

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back