collection showoff! - Video Tour - last page

Re: collection showoff! -Ridiculously accurate Reeve Superman costume Pg 17

Wow. Congratulations - for the third time then! :D

judging by your "family of steel" thread you know what I'm talking about. Those are some awesome "people" of steel suits.

This halloween my older daughter had a similar thought. Had to store buy mine this year ::shudder:: just didn't have the energy this year.

Great, Great job with your Superman!!

Reading your comments about getting the body right made me smile as I know EXACTLY what you mean. You are 100% correct in your observations about Reeve's body (long legs/big crotch/prominent ribcage) and worse still getting the suit to lay correctly on a mannequin (where the costume just loves to highlight any and all inconsistencies under the surface is a total nightmare. In the end I had to sculpt all these features in clay (and I'm no sculptor) for mine after I'd already modified a 6'6" stock mannequin to Reeve's correct proportions.

A time saving tip for anybody on the crotch thing is to use a cricket box. These are shaped exactly like Reeve's metal codpieces he wore under the suit. Literally velcro it to the mannequin and the results are great. My suit is also from Action Costumes and yes, they are the best...

Last edited:

amazing Reeve Superman display. WOW.

whats a cricket box?

GFollano

Re: collection showoff! - Ridiculously Accurate Superman Reeve costume

I am so happy that you Thomas have that costume, you are one of the best Collectors and you deserve to have that suit. Here is an image were anybody can apreciate the colors and textures of the Golden Edition next to an original suit.

hlw1.jpg

Great collection and wow on superman suit I know what I want next

Here you can see the texture of the suit and shield also in a real body, that makes look the suit and the shield in better and perfect shape.

ki6a.jpg

Thank you Thomas on my Family Of Steel suits! Nothing wrong with a store bought costume, as long as your little one enjoyed it and had fun. :)

judging by your "family of steel" thread you know what I'm talking about. Those are some awesome "people" of steel suits.

This halloween my older daughter had a similar thought. Had to store buy mine this year ::shudder:: just didn't have the energy this year.

[url]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h260/ave4uevoli/DSC09858_zps270338cd.jpg[/URL]

- - - Updated - - -

Those Action Costumes are super cool!

Here you can see the texture of the suit and shield also in a real body, that makes look the suit and the shield in better and perfect shape.

http://imageshack.us/a/img829/9769/ki6a.jpg

Yes my friend, Action costumes finally make the best superman Reeve style costume ever ! :)

Quick prop sidetrack. I wanted to finish out my collection of Marvel Bronze Bowens. I got spiderman first, it is the most detailed with all the webbing detail. Hulk is by far the biggest and heaviest. Captain America is just nifty because of the classic look he portrays running and ready to fight.

The bronze bowen Batman is on the far left.

All in all they make for some wonderful displays, and because they're bronze, I don't have any worries about them being replicated any time soon. I assume it would be possible to mold them and cast them in some sort of metal, but obviously the more common resin statues are easier to duplicate.

Re: collection showoff! - Reeve Superman display Pg 17 Bronze Bowens Pg 18

2013 and still awesome collection...

Where do you get all these fitting heads from for the mannequins?!?:D

OK, ^that's^ adorable.

OT: awesome collection is awesome.

Thank you thank you -but yes, as you can see, after kids come the props take a backseat in terms of importance.

Luv super girl! Lol!

Yea, cute kids can in fact make anything store bought costume look awesome.

2013 and still awesome collection...

Where do you get all these fitting heads from for the mannequins?!?:D

lots and lots of time spent stalking the junkyard.....lots and lots.....

am I good or am I good...... :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHA, Lianna is too CUTE!! What a memory! Starting her off right.

That Knight Rider dash is super cool. Now you need the car to go around it!. C'mon, I know you wanna!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back