collection showoff! - Video Tour - last page

Re: collection showoff! - 1:1 Iron Man WIP and Panorama pic

Next up - a GREAT Leap of Faith painting by Luke0312
Real wood, that was stained and oiled multiple times to get that "old" look. It's a nice heavy piece ready to hang. Thanks Luke!

IMG_0191-2.jpg

Thrilled to see it in your collection and glad you like it. :cool:thumbsup

Re: collection showoff! - 1:1 Iron Man WIP, leap of faith and Adam West bust

It usually takes me a little while to put up an update after I get something... but for this Dredd Lawgiver Mk II, I could not wait.

It has to be the most enjoyable prop of my entire collection. Before, when stressed, I would go down and squeeze off a few rounds of my KSC robocop gun. (I'm not really a gun guy so replicas are really where I draw the line)

SDStudios has put together one of the most complicated, well thought out replicas I have ever held.

Let me summarize - You pick up the gun and turn it on via a semi hidden switch on the bottom. The gun will not fire yet. Just like in the movies, it needs to recognize your "DNA" and confirm you're a judge, so you press a hidden switch under the gun grip. When you're holding the gun the switch hits right at the base of your thumb so it's easy to press, but if you don't know it's there it'll never activate.

Once activated you'll get an electronic "twang" that it's loaded. You push the switch again and you can cycle through different rounds as per the movie (grenade, rapid fire, flare, double wammy, armor piercing.. etc)

When firing the lights on the side of the gun actually deplete. When you exhaust all of your rounds the gun actually states "Lethal rounds exhausted." If you haven't exhausted all of your rounds and cycle to another round, the gun will actually remember how many rounds you used, and will go back to said number when you cycle back to it again.

The only way to "reload" the rounds will be to pull out the magazine and reinsert it.

Plector Labs created the electronics for the kit - seriously - really really well thought out.

So electronics aside, the gun is really well put together. Steve did an amazing job adding whatever details he could to give this prop a "real gun" feel. The grips are rubber, the resin parts are clean as can be and it's all expertly crafted around a gas blowback airsoft gun. The little finishing details really make all the difference, like the real glass lens in the front, nice Judge emblem on the side... which by the way is the cleanest rendition of the judge emblem I have ever seen on a Lawgiver replica.

I've seen a lot of lawgivers in my day and just seeing a nice clean emblem on the side of the gun, like it was actually stamped into metal, really shows the commitment that Steve put into this.

I know Steve put a lot of work into researching this and putting this together. It's nothing short of amazing.

Thanks so much Steve - thanks to you I have some of the greatest movie gun replicas ever.

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

Re: collection showoff! - SD Studios DREDD Lawgiver Mark II - AMAZING!

I've loved SD studios work from the beginning. I loved this piece when it was created. Congrats!!!

Re: collection showoff! - Ultimate Prop Nullifier - last page

Sure she looks all cute now.. but she screams so loud it scares the poop out of my older daughter... literally. This one time, the older one actually froze and pooped. It might have been just coincidence... but still :lol

Now that I read that again... she can scream at the frequency of the brown note? Wow. That's one heck of a superpower! :lol

Awesome Collection you've got, I couldn't be more jealous.

Since getting the Lawgiver mk II from Steve, I've had a renewed interest in fixing my Dredd displays. Here's what I have so far. It's a preliminary pose that will need to be padded out a lot more. Enjoy the pics.

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

Just gorgeous and a very impressive collection. I'd post more, but my jealousy might start appearing....;)

Seriously, awesome photos.

WOW!!! I have seen many cool collections over the years but this it by far the best. Most people do not have the space to display what they own, looks like you are doing quite well.

Woooaahhh, man. That is beyond awesome. You literally own what I fantasize about having some day.

Omg thomas!!

O

m

g

!!

......*

Today, I had the opportunity to visit said Beautiful House and Display Room!! I can honestly say that I am still in a state of Euphoria! If you think the pics are great, seeing the house in person is INDESCRIBABLE!! Thank you Thomas for the wonderful opportunity today!! I am very thankful and honored!!

photo_zps3f6f8536.jpg

Last edited:

Did you see the lizard he keeps in the bathroom?

'Tis true...

LOL! Yeah! HUGE IGUANA!! He should pit King GHIDORA against it! LOL!

So awesome love it all

Congratulations on the wee girl, I have a 5 week old girl and it's truly the most amazing thing that can ever happen in life. Incredible collection, some fantastic pieces, i'm liking the Airwolf helmet very nice & the MIB display.

Regards

Last edited:

thomas ,
WOW just WOW
i've just read and watched your complete thread
You have just an amazing collection
would you mind sharing some more stargate Stuff

grts

Jeroen

Congratulations on the wee girl, I have a 5 week old girl and it's truly the most amazing thing that can ever happen in life. Incredible collection, some fantastic pieces, i'm liking the Airwolf helmet very nice & the MIB display.

Regards

Aww - Congratulations! 5 weeks! that's awesome!. Enjoy that while it lasts. Mine is no longer a little football, she's already walking and wreaking havok everywhere. Ahh, the beginning was so nice, when they would just sleep on your chest, and all they did was eat, sleep and poop. Now they have "needs." :wacko

thomas ,
WOW just WOW
i've just read and watched your complete thread
You have just an amazing collection
would you mind sharing some more stargate Stuff

grts

Jeroen

well thank you - but I think i've pretty much shown all the stargate stuff that I have. I have a few dst toys, and one of those gates....... anything you wanted to see in particular?

So updates - none to report... just having fun upgrading everything in the room. When I have time I also like to upgrade r2. His legs are the only thing that aren't metal. I've pretty much collected everything to finish him off though. MMMM... metal.... I couldn't resist snapping a pic of the metal legs and the giant box of metal parts. MMMMMMMM.... metal....

DSC04061_zpsa55b0182.jpg

DSC04062_zps4e0b7cc4.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back