collection showoff! - Video Tour - last page

Re: collection showoff! - 1:1 Iron Man WIP and Panorama pic

I keep coming back to this thread......incredible, incredible and incredible collection...

Do you take requests? Could you post some pictures of the 1:1 RoboCop figures? They look amazing...

I second the dredd suggestion.

Thanks so much for the kind words guys -the support is always appreciated. (y)thumbsup

WarPig - Hicksy -
I do take requests, however, there are times, like in the case of Robocop and Dredd that I'm not completely satisfied with the display. I can't in good conscience show the pictures because it would do a disservice to the guys who actually created them.
I take no credit for slapping these creations onto a mannequin. It's not terribly difficult, but I would like to give credit where credit is due. When someone takes the time and effort to create such great replicas, I want to be sure that when I share pics I have them displayed as good as I personally can get.

I have posted older pics of Robocop and Dredd and they can be found here - Sadly, I haven't gotten around to updating either of their displays yet.
http://www.therpf.com/f62/1-1-lifesize-robocop-reveal-bust-65169/

http://www.therpf.com/f9/lifesized-dredd-displays-wip-75837/

On a related post to the new panorama pic on the previous page.

Check out what I started out with?! Damn, it's crazy how far you can come in 6 years. Many people have said it before but let me reiterate: The Junkyard is Evil!

BEFORE
Panorama10.jpg

6 Years Later

Panorama2.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing the old pix! That will keep me happy until you're ready to show them off again. :)

Seriously amazing....but for the love of God, would you PLEASE leave some props for the rest of us to collect!!!

:lol

:thumbsup

First off. awesome collection! if I only had the space, money... and willing wife, heh.

I had question though about the acrylic(?) display cases you ave some of the star wars ships in. Did you make those or purchase? I'm trying to source some for some models I'd like to build.

And you left the feather duster on the floor ;)

That is an absolutely fantastic collection, and all presented well too.
Thanks very much for sharing that with us, I really enjoyed seeing all the pictures and getting an insight into your collection.

When are you going to start selling tour tickets??

If it weren't for my hectic schedule (and being a closet hermit) I would totally want to get RPF guys together and *gasp* it would be free. I admire fellows such as Muson and those who have the energy to host such events. :thumbsup

I want a room like that, im bummed out now. Im very jelous

Don't be jealous. I started out with almost nothing just like all newbies here a few years ago. After a while this stuff just accumulates.

Seriously amazing....but for the love of God, would you PLEASE leave some props for the rest of us to collect!!!

:lol

:thumbsup

Hahaha - believe it or not - I've slowed down considerably lately. I've pretty much run out of room. Looking back, I think I've got my holy grails (SS Airwolf, Knight Rider's, lilfesize vader...) in terms of big items I'm pretty much set.

First off. awesome collection! if I only had the space, money... and willing wife, heh.

I had question though about the acrylic(?) display cases you ave some of the star wars ships in. Did you make those or purchase? I'm trying to source some for some models I'd like to build.

And you left the feather duster on the floor ;)

Haha - Yea the feather duster - My daughter likes going down there to dust things. It cracks me up.

The acrylic display cases were purchased from a local acrylic shop here. As I recall they were $400-600 a piece. I got them with rolled edges like the ol' MR cases. That little detail is beyond my capabilities. Nowadays acrylic cases are really expensive. I went to the same shop only last year and they quoted me prices that were 30% more expensive than 5 years ago. (Then again, everything is more expensive nowadays...:rolleyes)

That is an absolutely fantastic collection, and all presented well too.
Thanks very much for sharing that with us, I really enjoyed seeing all the pictures and getting an insight into your collection.

Thank you sir :thumbsup

I've always felt inspired seeing photos of your collection! Your display room is the best....EVER!!!

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic.....

Chris

Yeah, and who is that guy in the blue tights in the back? And the short green guy with pointy ears??
:behave

Seriously though, great collection and set-up!

You guys know he keeps me chained to a bench in the corner of that room, right?! Shhhh...here he comes. :confused

Help me!

WOW! That is Heaven...

More like a museum than a basement to me... BREATHTAKING!!!

Its an honor to be part of your collection even in a small/little way...;):thumbsup

cheers!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back